D.C. Area Babies
Options

what do you spend on/how do you buy toddler birthday party gifts?

I have to go pick up some more bday gifts to keep on hand, so it got me thinking...do you like to 'stock up' on gifts for birthday parties, or do you go out to buy each child's personalized gift once you get the invite?  Do you have a budget or do you just pick something you think the toddler will enjoy?

I am a big fan of Melissa & Doug, so I use the coupons for AC Moore or Michaels and stock up before big birthday seasons. :)  But then I choose the gift specifically for each child, considering interests.  

DS has sooo many playgroup buddies so we get invited to lots of parties.  I'd never be able to afford full-priced M&D for each kiddo.  For close friends I do usually go buy theirs specifically for them.  Just curious what other people do...also, do you always drop off a gift even if you are unable to attend the party?   

Re: what do you spend on/how do you buy toddler birthday party gifts?

• Options
    I pretty much do the same thing, I have a small supply of Melissa and Doug toys that we also have to give to children.  I check Amazon periodically and when some of my favourites go on sale, I grab a couple to keep on hand.  I also give art supplies since they are consumable and no child ever seems to have enough.  We also do books that we love.  I really only tailor gifts for family, primarily because we spend a lot more on them - friends parties I have a $10 cap on gifts.   
  • Options
    I spend about $20. I often just give a $20 b/c I just don't have time to go out and shop and I figure the parents would rather have the $$ anyway.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I spend $20-25.  I usually let DS pick them out.  He'll be very clear that this friend likes Spiderman or Cars or whatever.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I usually spend $20-25 and I go before the party to shop.  I like to think about the child and what their interests might be at that time.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker TTC #1 Cycle #18 m/c Jan. 9, 2007, chemical pg May 4, 2007, methotrexate shot Oct. 5, 2007--m/c Oct. 9, 2007, IUI Nov. 17, 2007 It worked! beta 11/30 & 12/6 TTC #2 Cycle #5 IUI July 20, 2009 -BFN 8-3-09 Cycle #6 IUI August 17, 2009-BFP! 8-31-09, beta 9-1-09, 9-8-09, saw the H/B 9-22-09 EDD 5-10-10
  • Options

imagesmacb:
    I spend $20-25.  I usually let DS pick them out.  He'll be very clear that this friend likes Spiderman or Cars or whatever.

I'm so impressed that your son knows what his friends like and will tell you!  How fun.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"