Postpartum Depression

Had my first counseling session...

So I was able to get in to see a counselor yesterday for everything that's been going on...and I am very happy that I am at least taking a step in the right direction.  I really like her, and it helps that I get 6 free sessions through my employee assistance program.

We laughed, we cried. Ok I cried.  But I do have something funny to share to hopefully give everyone a little lift in their day.  She was just asking a lot of questions trying to figure out how I deal with the stress and depression.  She asked how often I drink alcohol.  I told her "Not nearly enough!" LOL.  I have no idea where that came from, I just kinda blurted it out without thinking.  She said no one has ever told her that before haha.  But it was good to have an actual laugh. 

image April 2, 2011 Exclusive Pumping Facebook Group http://www.facebook.com/groups/113592028761826/ Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Had my first counseling session...

• Hey!  That's great news!

I haven't done counseling for my PPD, but I'm curiuos:  What sort of counselor are you seeing?  how long was your session?  what was the format of your first session?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
  • I'm seeing a masters level clinician....my session lasted an hour and basically we talked about what's stressing me in my life and what my sources of frustration are and how I am currently dealing with it.  We also discussed what I am looking to get out of counseling and how DH is dealing with all of this.  We also discussed DH possibly coming to a few sessions with me (like 1 or two).
    image April 2, 2011 Exclusive Pumping Facebook Group http://www.facebook.com/groups/113592028761826/ Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks!  I'm curiuos how your DH would respond to attending a session with you.  hmm, I'm courious how my DH would respond to it!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"