May 2011 Moms
Options

Lisa Frank - another help question!

First off, I love your stickers!  :)  Whevever I see your screen name, I think about my girlfriends and I sitting arounf with our sticker boxes trading stickers.  Good times!

Okay.  I have some questions about sleeping and the dreamfeed.  We are currently on a 4-hour schedule and Hudson eats7-11-3-7... AND the dreaded dreamfeed at 10ish.  How do we drop this?  When can we drop this?  He eats between 25-30oz. of BM each day with a small 'side' of Oatmeal Cereal (yum...) with dinner. 

Under our peds advisement, we stopped the MOTN feed and played with a modified Ferber.  The first week was a lil nutty, but last week was wonderful and we had nights of sleep from 7:30-6:30/7ish.  This week, not so much.  He wakes up screaming in the MOTN but I guess that is another story.
How do we eliminate the dreamfeed? 

Thank you so much for your help/advice!

I hope my post doesn't rub people the wrong way.  I have read books and talked with my dr, but I would just like to hear another woman's advice and learn from someone's experience.  Thanks!

Last menstral cycle 9/09 Initial diagnosis PCOS (11/09) Provera (x2), P4 injection. Final Diagnosis POF (2/10) 
Donor ER 8/27/10 -- ET 9/1/10 Beta 9/10/10=BFP! May 6th 2011 - Our sweet little bear was born!
FET #2 July 3, 2014 - BFP!
M/C @ 9 weeks

FET #3 November 8, 2013 - BFN
FET #4 February 12, 2014
POAS (I cheated) BFP!

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Lisa Frank - another help question!

• Options
    imageknicoletti:

First off, I love your stickers!  :)  Whevever I see your screen name, I think about my girlfriends and I sitting arounf with our sticker boxes trading stickers.  Good times!

Okay.  I have some questions about sleeping and the dreamfeed.  We are currently on a 4-hour schedule and Hudson eats7-11-3-7... AND the dreaded dreamfeed at 10ish.  How do we drop this?  When can we drop this?  He eats between 25-30oz. of BM each day with a small 'side' of Oatmeal Cereal (yum...) with dinner. 

Under our peds advisement, we stopped the MOTN feed and played with a modified Ferber.  The first week was a lil nutty, but last week was wonderful and we had nights of sleep from 7:30-6:30/7ish.  This week, not so much.  He wakes up screaming in the MOTN but I guess that is another story.
    How do we eliminate the dreamfeed? 

Thank you so much for your help/advice!

I hope my post doesn't rub people the wrong way.  I have read books and talked with my dr, but I would just like to hear another woman's advice and learn from someone's experience.  Thanks!

I could have written this exact post asking this exact question! My doctor told me I should drop the dream feed because it's bad for her metabolism, but I'm not quite sure how to do that. Since I'm doing sleep training this week I figured I'd stick to one thing at a time for now, but I am looking to drop the dream feed some time soon.

• Options

So, here's the deal. It's not advised to go to a 4 hour sch. before you drop the DF.  You kind of went in reverse order. You want baby to get their calories in during the day, so when you drop to 4 feeds, you have to be SURE they are getting plenty of calories.

I would suggest slowly weaning the DF.  Start cutting back ounces. So if he takes 5-6-7 (what's he taking?) cut it back to 4 for 2 days, 3 for 2 days, 2 for days, 1 for 2 days and then DONE. In this process, make sure he is taking the same 30ish oz, during the 4 feeds. Focus on this heavily! Also, it's effective to start moving it back at the same time. So, if you were DF'ing at 10, move it back 15 minutes until you get to 9pm and then drop it.  Cece fussed for 2 or so nights after we finally stopped feeding/changing her and now she's STTN.  I also added a doubler to her overnight diaper (we CD) to help keep her feeling dry until she wakes.  If you use sposies, try a size up at night and see if it helps. 

GL!!  HTH!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    And Kewltif, upload your pics to tinypic and pic "website/url" for the sizing. Upload the IMG file to your profile. Your current pics are killing my eyes. lol

• Options

Okay, thanks.

We had to move to the 4-hr schedule because he was not eating 'full feeds' at the 3 hr anymore.  He would only take 1 oz and then fuss and fuss.  We didn't know what to do, so the pedi suggested we move to a 4 hr schedule because of his size - 17 lbs.  Now he eats about 7-8oz four times a day (7-11-3-7) and then between 2-5oz at the dreamfeed.

Last menstral cycle 9/09 Initial diagnosis PCOS (11/09) Provera (x2), P4 injection. Final Diagnosis POF (2/10) 
    Donor ER 8/27/10 -- ET 9/1/10 Beta 9/10/10=BFP! May 6th 2011 - Our sweet little bear was born!
    FET #2 July 3, 2014 - BFP!
    M/C @ 9 weeks

FET #3 November 8, 2013 - BFN
    FET #4 February 12, 2014
    POAS (I cheated) BFP!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imageknicoletti:

Okay, thanks.

We had to move to the 4-hr schedule because he was not eating 'full feeds' at the 3 hr anymore.  He would only take 1 oz and then fuss and fuss.  We didn't know what to do, so the pedi suggested we move to a 4 hr schedule because of his size - 17 lbs.  Now he eats about 7-8oz four times a day (7-11-3-7) and then between 2-5oz at the dreamfeed.

Since it's only 2-5 at the DF, he doesn't need it. If he was taking a full 7-8, then you'd know he needed it.  Try cutting back oz, and then be prepared to deal with a little bit of fussing for a few nights while he gets used to not waking. Also, start moving it back in 15 minute intervals, so that the time he is used to waking up, doesn't come first. Hopefully that makes sense. GL!! 

• Options

imageLisa Frank:
    And Kewltif, upload your pics to tinypic and pic "website/url" for the sizing. Upload the IMG file to your profile. Your current pics are killing my eyes. lol

Thank you! Yay, I finally did it. I never knew tinypic even existed. I always used photobucket. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"