May 2011 Moms
Options

LO hates sleep sacks!

I get so anxious around bedtime. During the summer, our daughter wore cotton sleepers to bed. Her bedroom has her own air conditioning zone--so we would turn on the air for a few hours and turn it off before we went to bed. We keep the door to her room closed because we have cats that we don't want in her room. It keeps the air in.

Well today it was about 65 degrees as the high, and we opened the windows and sealed the door. When our baby went to bed it was freezing, so I put her in a fleece sleeper. I am worried that she will be too warm, but she can't stand the sleep sacks--at all! She is tiny so they get really tangled up in it. Plus she loves to move around in her sleep.

I am ALWAYS cold, so I get worried that she is too cold. But then I dress her warmer for bed, and then I get worried she is too warm! 

My daughter is my hero.

Re: LO hates sleep sacks!

• Options
    are you using the swaddle sleep sacks?  Those are confining but the ones that just zip up have room for them to move their legs in.  Don't worry yourself too much she would let you know if she was uncomfortable with the temperature!
  • Options
    Nope. Just the zip ones--there is plenty of room to move but she is SOO small and SUCH a restless sleeper that the sack just gets bunched up around her legs and completely frustrates her! Maybe if she is a little bigger, she will fit in them better. 
    My daughter is my hero.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I only used them for the period between breaking the swaddle and rolling. My kids were never fans, either. 

So, I put her in a fleece sleeper and I put socks on her feet. That worked really well with my son (who was an Oct baby, so winter, right away).  So far it's working well here. I have yet to turn on the heat but we had a frost the other night. We are so close to needing it.  Ugh.

GL!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"