Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Desitin VS. Burts Bees Diaper Ointment?

My mother swears by Desitin (I literally never had a diaper rash when I was a baby and she used Desitin) but I have read some EXCELLENT reviews on Burts Bees. I bought the whole Burts Bees Baby Bee set (body wash, shampoo, diaper ointment, soap, etc.) but was wondering if there are other veteran Moms that recommend I buy Desitin just in case? Which worked better for you?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Desitin VS. Burts Bees Diaper Ointment?

• Options
    I;ve never used Burts Bees but I worked at a daycare for 8 years and highly recommend desitin ...the creamy stuff!
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    My LO has a zinc sensitivity so we can't use Desitin. We use Aquaphor instead and it's amazing. Clears up any redness within hours.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

We've been using Burt's Bees since it was a gift from my sister, who used it on her daughter.  It smells awesome, if you like lavender.  It's not CD safe so we are switching to CJ's BUTTer so we don't ruin the CDs.  

I've also heard great things about aquaphor.   

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Never tried Burts Bees, but I wasn't impressed by Desitin. I love A+D Ointment or Bag Balm.
  • Options

We use Earth Mama Angel Baby Bottom Balm.  It works well with our cloth diapers (although my CD store told me to be sure to use a liner no matter which one I used, just in case...), and works really well.  It is important to me to use something with super natural ingredients, so this is a good fit for us.  As an added bonus, it can be used on bug bites, thrush, and other stuff as well!

https://www.earthmamaangelbaby.com/angel-baby/angel-baby-bottom-balm.html 

• Options

I love the Burt's Bees! It's kind of spendy though. Never had an issue with it and it doesn't leave hurt my CD (I know they say it does, but I've never had an issue). I put it on once in awhile before bed.

Desitin is fabulous for really bad rashes and I have a ton of sample packs someone gave me. I've only used it once shortly after we got home from the hospital. I never had a reason too (only one diaper rash) and it's not CD safe.

• Options
    I like Burts Bees and California Baby Diaper Ointment...I just think Desitin stinks...
  • Options
    Burt's Bees is the best diaper cream! I've been using it since our daughter was born and it is easy to apply, smells great, and it works!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"