Military Families
Options

Any Whidbey Mom's out there?

I moved to Coupeville from Hawaii about a month ago and I'm having a bad case of LONELY.  My neighbors are all retired elderly couples who aren't very friendly.  Now because of the baby coming (11 weeks pregnant today) I'm not able to find a new job.  I beg my husband to introduce me to any of his work buddies wives but not many of them are married sailors.  I'm bored and isolated out here.  Any ideas for where to meet new people?

Re: Any Whidbey Mom's out there?

• Options
    Maybe try checking into volunteering somewhere. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My husband did his last bit of MOS training there...and he hated it....BUT
    I do recommend going onto facebook, and searching for an NAS Whidbey Island wives group...check the wall to see if the posts are recent (some websites were created and failed but still show up) I joined one from my base and I have so much fun...Randomly, I get invited to all kinds of parties, from girls' night to Scentsy...to play dates. I've met a lot of people and I think it's been a great way to open up and find people like me!
    My sister just married a soldier and they are in Alaska, and I made her join a wives' group to help, and she loves it. So good luck!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"