Maryland Babies
Options

What should I do for weekly "me time"?

DH has a bowling league on Thursday nights. He did it last year and loved it so he's doing it again this year starting in September. So if he's getting Thursday nights for bowling, we talked about me getting Tuesday nights for....what? That will be my night to do whatever I want, but I don't know what to do! I'm not sure if I want to do something scheduled like a class or anything, but I might. To be honest, I don't really have many girlfriends - not that I see regularly or who could hang out on a weeknight. Maybe some kind of exercise class like yoga or Zumba (neither of which I've ever done)? Any suggestions? What would you do with a weeknight to yourself?

(Also, I'm not sure if I'd want to do something *every* week or not - I'd hate to miss seeing DS before he goes to bed.)

BFP#1: 01/10, M/C 6w
BFP#2: 06/10, M/C 5w
BFP#3: 09/10, DS born June 1, 2011
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP#4: 07/12, M/C 5w3d
BFP#5: 12/12, EDD 08/18/13
Pregnancy Ticker

My Blog: Decorate This

Re: What should I do for weekly "me time"?

• Options
    I would do a yoga class I think. I have never taken a real class, only done DVDs, but everyone who has taken it seems to love it.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    yoga is good, but I hate feeling like I "have" to be somewhere.  At your DS's age, I would have been really happy just to get a night to go get a pedicure or sit at Starbucks for an hour alone.  Or, even stay home and go to bed early, take a bath, etc. 
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ha! I think I could have written that post. You could try a weekly knitting group - I never go to mine anymore, but maybe something that you can attend or not. I agree that even an hour at Starbucks or wherever would do wonders, though I can understand wanting to do something social. Most of my friends are up for doing things later - 8:30 - 9 and by the time we'd be done I am just too tired.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

imageKathrynMD:
    yoga is good, but I hate feeling like I "have" to be somewhere.  At your DS's age, I would have been really happy just to get a night to go get a pedicure or sit at Starbucks for an hour alone.  Or, even stay home and go to bed early, take a bath, etc. 

Yeah, I was thinking it'd be nice to have a right where I could go to Target or wherever and not worry about having to rush home. Or get a manicure, which I never do because I'm cheap, but its hard to find time to do my nails at home now...Whatever I do, it won't be a late night or anything.

BFP#1: 01/10, M/C 6w
    BFP#2: 06/10, M/C 5w
    BFP#3: 09/10, DS born June 1, 2011

BFP#4: 07/12, M/C 5w3d
    BFP#5: 12/12, EDD 08/18/13
    Pregnancy Ticker

My Blog: Decorate This
  • Options
    I would try a few things, like yoga or zumba, I think most of them let you do a trial class.  But like Kathryn, I wouldn't want to feel like I HAD to do the same thing, so maybe you could find a place that you could just drop in and pay as you go?  I would probably want to do other things like go to the mall, meet a friend for dinner, get a mani/pedi, run errands in peace, go to the library for a few hours, etc.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I would just find what you really enjoy doing but have found you can't do as much anymore. For me, it's walking aimlessly around Target, the mall or the bookstore/library.  Sure, I can do those things with DD but it's much easier and I enjoy it a little more without her. Or sit at a Starbucks with a book or laptop to read/surf the internet without worrying about why the baby is crying, washing bottles or any other million mom tasks. You can switch it up every week...get a pedicure, random exercise class like pp's said. I like the idea of the set night so that it's something you can look forward to but you're not committed to it in case you just want to be with DS instead.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Someone's getting a little brother!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I do pilates one night a week. It gives me something to do without a real commitment since it is drop in. However, I like having that set, specific thing to do, because I sometimes tend to just sit around and later feel like I wasted my "free time" if I don't have something to make me leave the house.

In October I'm taking Irish Dance lessons instead of pilates. I'm a little scared because it is an actual committment. We'll see. 

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I live in Eldersburg/Sykesville and in a mom's group here, we have lots of mom's night out stuff we do during the week.  We are a non-profits group... if you want more info pm me.  Maybe you could join and see what we have on Tuesday nights.  I know there's book club, game nights and they go to Cork a lot.  I don't get out much at night, Cate is evil at night, so I don't pay much attention to the mom's night out stuff.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Zumba is super fun! Or you could go out like every two weeks for a mani/pedi. Or get a massage.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"