Multiples
Options

Back to work

I am super anxious about returning to work. My babies are 3 months now and i have literally spent every waking moment with them and now in five days I have to be apart from them for 9 hours. Luckily my husband works from home so I know they will be in good hands but I will miss them so much. How have other mothers of multiples copped with the separation?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Back to work

• Options
    I'm not sure how I'll cope but I just wanted to say that I can sympathize with you. I go back in a couple of weeks (my twins will be about 6 month so I've been really lucky to have that time with them) and I'm dreading it. I'm going to miss them so much and I really don't know how I'm going to handle a long commute, a somewhat stressful job, and 11 hours away from my babies. That being said, everyone else seems to survive it, so we will too. Good luck!!
    imageimage
  • Options
    you're right i know we'll get through it. it's just such a drastic change from babies 24/7 to only being there in the afternoon. i guess i just have to make sure that i am not exhausted after work so i can give them all my energy and make the most of our time.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've been back to work for a month now and it's not really the separation that bothers me.  It's the fact that there's not enough hours in the day to get everything done for the babies and still have the time or energy to spend quality time with them.  I get home around 6:30p and then it's non-stop feeding, bathing, washing bottles, and prepping the next days bottles.  By the time it's all done it's midnight and we start the cycle all over again in 5 very short hours.  I wish I didn't have to do all the other stuff and just cuddle my babies in the evenings.
  • Options
    awww thats how i feel now and i stay with them all day. not really looking forward to having less hours in the day...cuddling them all night long sounds like a much better way to spend the evening
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"