Health & Exercise
Options

PP Exercise and BM Supply

Did any breastfeeding mamas experience a dip in thei supply after resuming exercise?  Im still working on increasing mysupply, but would like to start working out.  My plan was to restart Crossfit, but my pedi warned heavy workouts could affect supply.  Im already at pre pg weight, but feeling flabby.  If I focus more on heavy weights for toning vs tons of high cardio, think that will help me get a figure and muscle tone back without hurting my supply?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: PP Exercise and BM Supply

• Options
    Nope, no problems (I teach group fitness plus do my own workouts).  Just stay hydrated and eat enough.
    imageimage Ashley Sawtelle Photography
  • Options
    No problems here either. I do a group fitness once a week, stroller fit twice a week and run on my own. As PP said, make sure to drink and eat enough!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I do CrossFit Moms and love the workouts! Maybe start out with that before going back to the regular workouts. They are lower intensity and lower weights but still effective. I don't know how my labor and postpartum is going to go but I do plan on starting working out again with CF Moms until I feel up to the more intense regular wod's. Good luck and let me know how it works because I'll be there in a couple of months!
  • Options
    I didn't have a dip in supply. As PP stated above just make sure you stay hydrated.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I was really paranoid about this, but I think that with extra hydration and extra calories, it was fine.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I breastfed LO until she was 13 months without supply issues. During that time I did CrossFit (3-6 times a week), a tri, and ran 7 half marathons.

Like pp suggested, stay hydrated and make sure you are getting enough calories.

GL! 

• Options
    I actually do seem to have a problem anytime after I go for a run, even with extra water. So I basically stick to weights and walking for now. Another things to be aware of is that a hard workout can change the way your milk tastes, so you may have to pump off a little before feeding if your LO doesnt take to it. Good luck.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"