Babies on the Brain
Options

lifelock - anyone have it?

Do you like it? Is it worth it? DH and I are looking at enrolling, but we're wondering if it's worthwhile. 

Any alternative that we should be looking at? 

Baby #1 edd 4/21/07 - Matthias James born 5/2/07, 9 lbs, 22 in

Baby # 2 edd 11/26/08 - Ezra Jacob born 11/29/08, 9 lbs 6 oz., 21 3/4 in

Baby #3 edd 05/04/13 - Titus Jude born 05/01/13, 9 lb 5 oz. 21.5 in

Re: lifelock - anyone have it?

• Options

It's kind of a waste.  Mainly what they do is place an 90 day inital alert on each bureau and you can do that for free. I'm sure there is other stuff they do, but they also charge you for things you can do yourself, which is straight up shady to me.

Why do you think you need it?

photo db44578a-7b8c-4755-ad7b-b5de3ca46717.jpg

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    We've had a number of armed robberies on campus lately and I'm worried about getting robbed and someone trying to steal my identity (maybe I'm a bit paranoid).  I've known a couple of people who have had identity theft and it seems like such a mess to clean up after. So anything that could prevent that headache seems like a good idea.
    Baby #1 edd 4/21/07 - Matthias James born 5/2/07, 9 lbs, 22 in

Baby # 2 edd 11/26/08 - Ezra Jacob born 11/29/08, 9 lbs 6 oz., 21 3/4 in

Baby #3 edd 05/04/13 - Titus Jude born 05/01/13, 9 lb 5 oz. 21.5 in

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Then I'd put a 90 day alert on yourself and save your money.  Were your friends vicitms of real ID theft or did they have credit card info stolen?  If anything haippens, like CC numbers stolen, etc to you, then contact the police dept and get a report from them and your CC companies.  With those, you will be able to put on extended alert on which will stay on for 7 years. 

Keep in mind though, that doing either will result in phone calls from creditors anytime you apply for anything,  People tend to put them on, forget about them and then get REALLY pissed off when the get a lot of phone calls. 

And besides that, just request a free copy of your bureaus every year.  Credit monitoring is only really worth the money if you are at risk.  Otherwise it is a waste of money and in no way will give you an accurate credit score.  Outside of the obvious "at risk" reasons, the only time I would suggest it would be if you live in a high meth user area.  Seriously,  There is a big corellation.

photo db44578a-7b8c-4755-ad7b-b5de3ca46717.jpg

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"