C-sections

When did you start wearing jeans/regular underwear?

This past weekend I finally decided to stop with the mesh undies and wore my low rise undies. I was so nervous about anything rubbing on my incision, so I waited. I'm probably the only one on here that waited 4 weeks to wear regular underwear! LOL

I am still being a wimp about wearing jeans. Anything that buttons in the front still scares me.

When did you/will you wear your regular undies and jeans? 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: When did you start wearing jeans/regular underwear?

• I had low rise panties that I was able to start wearing within a couple weeks. I've lives in pajama pants and yoga pants since I had him. I still hate wearing jeans because my incision gets irritated really easily.
    i carry your heart with me(i carry it in my heart)

Cooper+Evie=Soulmates

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• I started wearing FI boxer briefs shortly after getting home and transitioned to mine at around 4-5wks - Jeans I didn't start wearing until 6wks because when I sat down they pressed right into the incision line (owwie).
    Hi, I'm Amanda :)

Remembering Evelyn and raising Bailey
    Evelyn Born at 24wks 6days on May 22, 2010 due to pre-e Passed away May 25, 2010

BFP# 2 Delivered 6wks early due to preeclampsia
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    Photobucket

• Loading the player...
  • Probably around 3 weeks, but only my looser type ones.  The tighter skinny jeans I waited another week or two after.
  • Girl, I wore Depends for almost 4 weeks post partum as well! DH thought they were sexy. (Not at all, actually lol.)

However, I lived in maternity yoga pants for probably another month after that.

Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• you will be fine!  Just give a shot with your loosest jeans. I was wearing them 2 wks after my c/s.  Good luck! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageSarahL77:

Girl, I wore Depends for almost 4 weeks post partum as well! DH thought they were sexy. (Not at all, actually lol.)

Ha! Okay-- I feel much better now. I was branding myself a total wimp, but I guess it's normal to wait. ;) 

Yeah...my DH also was not a fan of the "hot granny panties" as he called them. lol 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I gave up the granny panties around 3 weeks and could fit back in my regular clothes then too. However, I finally retired my maternity pants about 3 weeks ago. Just remember that everyone's bodies heal differently.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I wore regular underwear leaving the hospital (hi cut briefs).  I have been living in shorts all summer and my jeans dont fit at the moment due to the baby weight still.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image image image
  • I was back in pre-preg pants by 10 days pp with my 2nd c/s. I was a little more cautious the first time around and waited until I was 3 weeks. As for underwear, it was less than a week.
  • I wore granny panties until I stopped bleeding around 5.5 weeks and wore only sweatpants and yoga pants until about 8 weeks unless I was going to a family's or friend's event and then I wore maternity pants.  I fit into my pre-pregnancy jeans pretty early on but my incision was sore for a couple of months and I didn't want denim rubbing on it. 
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm still wearing granny panties :) And there is no hope for jeans anytime soon. I've been enjoying my yoga pants and pregnancy shorts too much.

Once I get back to the gym, I'm hoping to pull out a pair of pre-pregnancy jeans.

TTC#1 Since 9.09
    Unexplained IF
    IUI#1 + Clomid + Trigger= BFP!! EDD: 8/8/11
    DS#1 Born 8/11/11
    TTC#2
    BFP #2 3/1/12 Ended in M/C on 3/17/12 @ 7w
    11/12 IUI#1 + Clomid + Trigger= BFP, EDD: 8/18/13, Beta#1 (45), Beta #2 (265) Beta #3 (2545)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
    S/PAIF/PAL ALWAYS WELCOME!!
  • I started wearing my low undies (without a pad on the incision) at about 3 weeks, and non-maternity jeans just this past week at 6 weeks. Still feels a bit uncomfortable though.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I wore regular underwear within a few days of being out.  I didn't try normal jeans with a button until 6 weeks pp. 
  • I still wear my "low rise" maternity underwear and maternity jeans/shorts. I put on a pair of prepregnancy jeans the other day and it still hurt above my incision. I had a tubal ligation as well so that may lead to more sensitvity too I guess.

It also makes me feel a little better about myself.  It isn't "ugh, i can barely fit into my jeans" but more like "hey! These pants are getting looser!"

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I wore regular underwear right a way. Still wearing maternity jeans. :( but that's more of a weight issue the a c/s issue.
  • imageGhostMonkey:

Low cuts? Months. Probably 2 or so. I stuck with granny panties. I was in those before I left the hospital- I hated the mesh ones.

I think I hung out in my maternity jeans until then too.

This.  And I wore maternity jeans or pants with elastic waistbands until about 3 months PP, because my incision was so sensitive.

• I picked up high waisted underwear from target and wore those for the first month but after that I started wearing only certain underwear that didn't land on my incision.

I also didn't wear jeans until about 2 months though. I had yoga pants and skirts until then.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I wore jeans at ~5.5 wks.  I've lost most of the weight so some of my pre-preg stuff fits alright.  It wasn't irritating to my incision site.
  • I started wearing jeans 2 wks after my c/s but wore granny panties until the bleeding stopped. The jeans really never bothered my incision so I considered myself lucky.

Pregnancy Ticker

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • At exactly 1 week I was able to fit into my "larger" prepreg jeans and at 2 weeks i could wear all my "normal" clothes.  As for my undies i still use the granny panties because the low rise hurt my stomach.  The skin around my inscision is very tender and my stretch marks look swollen. 
  • Still in granny panties at 4 weeks PP, I think I could do my reg panties now just havent yet.  As far as jeans, hoping they'll be comfortable enough by 8 weeks PP and I'm not talking pre preg jeans (still have weight to lose) but I have some larger sizes from after DS #1 was born.
    Brady Hunter 08/12/08 Carter Joseph 07/31/11 image
  • I started wearing regular underwear while in the hospital and I left the hospital wearing my pre-preg jeans. Ever once in a while it would rub a little but it didn't really bother me.
  • I haven't read all of the responses yet, so I'm not sure if someone suggested this or not.... when I stopped wearing the mesh underwear and went to regular ones and/or jeans, I wore a pad against my scar (I just stuck the pad to the inside of my underwear).  It alleviated my fears of anything rubbing against it, because it was protected by the softness of the pad.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"