Blended Families
Options

BM is seriously off her rocker

So, DH found what looks to be a cavity on a tooth. Texted BM a pic of it and asked if the first apt was on her day if she would mind taking him. She responded 'it's a baby tooth. It fall out. Don't need dentist'. WTF? REALLY?! so first available apt that is 'our day' isn't for a month and almost half. He basically had to beg her to take him, and only agreed bc she told him she only would if we pay co-pay. (CO says BM is responsible for all co-pays bc DH provides ins. We have never asked her for a reimbursement for a co-pay and we are the only ones who take him to a dr. She won't take his ins card from us to avoid ever having to take him). So, we pay co pay she agreed to take him. 10 min later he got a text saying 'KC isn't allowed to give SS kisses anymore. She isn't his mom. I am'. DH didn't even respond. SOOOO it's ok for your H to beat h basically, and mentally and emotionally abuse him, yet you have a problem with him receiving love in our house. Ok. Ya. Your priorities are CLEARLY in the right place. /end rant. Flame away about me kissing my SS, I know a lot of you dont agree w it, but our family is very huggy-kissy. That's not going to change. My H is happy with mine and SS's relationship, if he weren't or was uncomfortable, or if SS himself refuse to than it would stop. I treat hi the same as my bio kids. That's not going to change.
Visit my <a href"http://www.etsy.com/shop/ThisIsTheStuffs">Etsy</a> shop!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

"Karma1969: If baking someone a birthday pie/cake is romantic, I must be a slut."

Re: BM is seriously off her rocker

• Options

Aren't you a SAHM?  How come you can't take him to the dentist?

Obviously his mother should BUT....

Also why would anyone have a problem with you kissing / loving your SS.

I feel like you banged your head before you typed this post. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Yes, I'm a SAHM. I have absolutely no problem at all with taking him, neither does DH. problem is that we called 3 pediatric dentist offices in our network, NONE have an apt available that is before or after school on a Thursday or Friday until October. (we have him thurs-sat and every other sun). Most densit Offices are closed Fridays (at least they are here. I have no clue why, is that a normal thing??). one place had an apt on thurs at 7 am next week. BM would not let DH pick up SS early (technically his time doesn't start till 10 am). He tried everything to get an apt during his time, and not during school (that was her other stipulation, no missing school). After him asking several times she finally agreed to a day after school (I think it's next Tuesday). So that's that. We could have taken him, it just wouldn't have been till October. DH didn't think it was a good idea to wait a month when the child is complaining his tooth hurts. :-/

"Karma1969: If baking someone a birthday pie/cake is romantic, I must be a slut."
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Wow..if it's hurting he could have an absess. With the kissing thing she is def. grasping at straws. We are a very affectionate family and hugging and kissing is very normal for us. Ds1 sm hugs and kisses him bye every weekend when he leaves. I would think something was wrong if she didn't. (posting from phone)
  • Options

You don't have to go to a ped. dentist. Almost all Dentists will see kids.

Why do you think you would be flamed for kissing your SS? 

• Options
    You are right, she is indeed off her rocker!!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageKarma1969:

BINGO!

• Options
    imagemagsugar13:
    imageKarma1969:

BINGO!

We tried our normal dentis with him. Twice. He refuses to sit still and cooperate, and they told us both times to take him to a pediatric dentist bc they deal with kids better. They don't have the time or patience to deal with a 5 yr old who refuses to let them touch him. Trust me, we aren't trying to be difficult. We aren't trying to back BM in a corner to make her take him. If it was a normal cleaning/exam we would have set the oct appointment. It just isn't feasible or schedule fitting for us to take him. Hell, we are paying the co-pay when we aren't even supposed to!
    the kissing debate has been talked about on here (a while ago). I put in my two cents, that I kiss my SS, and got same flames. It's whatever.

• Options
    I'm sorry I missed the kissing debate.  I don't hug or kiss my SS but I hug and kiss my DS all the time.  I bet that would have raised some eye brows.
  • Options

Ok, a hurting child IMO = medical care.  Every time, no questions.  That is really low that he's in pain and she won't take him to get seen.  Those things only get worse with time!

With the hugging, kissing thing...heck yes you give the little guy hugs and kisses!  He is a member of your family, you love him and little people need affection!  I give SOs kids hugs and kisses every time I leave them.  SD13 will even pout and demand one before she leaves if I forget. For SS8 it's a game where I chase after him and the 'price' for me catching him is a hug and a kiss with a loud kissy noise.  He giggles like crazy!  Sorry BM, kids can't have too much love...just not enough.

• Options

She needs to be locked up.

Stay at home mom to a house of boys: two amazing stepsons, 12 and 9, and our 4 year old.
  • Options

Forgive me for asking but why does BM get to stipulate that he can't miss school for a dentist visit?  It's an excused absence from the school.  We have joint legal custody and we would never think to limit when an appt takes place (although we would give the side eye to missing several days for appts). 

I just can't believe she'd rather have her son suffer versus actually productively co-parenting.  The affection thing is crazypants too.  She can't tell your H how to parent and if he's fine with your relationship with him, then so be it.

• Options

Our BM doesn't take the kids to the dentist either. All 3 needed to go before school starts (they actually wanted ss5 to go before his screening in June). BM asked us for the dental insurance cards. DH asked where she wanted them to go (they have joint legal). She decided on a place and DH and I even decided to go there for our dental work (we both needed new dentists too). DH and I went back in February, gave the dentist office all the information (filled out all the forms and such) for the kids and let BM know that the information was on file and she could make the appointments whenever. She never made the appointments, so DH and I did and we took them on our time last month. We also made their follow-ups for our time as well. Luckily mine didn't have a problem. It's crappy that she fought so bad against him going especially b/c he's in pain.

as far as the hugs and kisses go... SS5 ran up to me last week and said he needed an extra hug and kiss b/c he'll miss me too much when he's at BM's. We're a family, yes a blended family, but the word family is still there. To me families give hugs and kisses!

Loving Wife to Adam- July 31, 2010
    You Grew in My Heart instead of My Tummy
    Proud Step-Mama to Clayton- 11/8/03
    Proud Step-Mama to Amelia- 11/16/04
    Proud Step-Mama to Brennan- 6/10/06
    TTC OUR first
    BFP#1 10/8/11, Blightened Ovum 10/17/11, D&C 10/18/11 @ 7w4d
    BFP#2 6/10/12, EDD 2/14/13 ~Team Green! Grow baby Grow! Stick baby Stick!! IT'S A GIRL!!! Abbigaile Mae 2/21/13 7lbs 6oz 21inches 4:15am
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I can't think about her without thinking about her ROCKSTAR tattoo.  LMFAO!
    accordingtoabby.com" "From of suffering emerges the strongest souls. The most massive characters are seared with scars." Kahlil Gibran
  • Options
    imageluckyangel:
    I can't think about her without thinking about her ROCKSTAR tattoo.  LMFAO!
    ***on my phone. Gotta go check Ilumine's post on how to do paragraphs on iPhone***Oh, she has more now. Had her POS H's name on her back then when they separated she had it all filled in. It's a big black bar now. She got matching skulls on each of their shoulders recently. It is a day of the dead skull. Funny thing is, she HATES mexicans with a passion. I'm pretty sure I've posted about how she threw a fit about me teaching SS small Spanish words, she didn't want him in soccer bc it is a 'Mexican sport' a she said. So her brother goes 'why did you get a mexican day of the dead tat?' she goes 'it's BOT a Mexican tat, its called a sugar skull'. I snickered when I heard this reply. A sugar skull is a traditional day of the dead thing that is used as an offering and to remember your loved one. Apparently she just thought it was 'cool'. As for her stipulating that the apt can't be during school, yes he has joint physical and legal and technically he could just take him out of school for it, but we are in the middle of a custody case in court. He doesn't want to give her any ammo at all to use against him. We have a mountain of evidence, and her only thing she has is her lawyer keeps telling the judge 'he is only doing this bc he is still in love with my client and is trying to break her marriage up so he can get back with her'. Yes, clearly that's what is going on here. *eyeroll*

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"