Pre-School and Daycare

When did you transition DC out of the booster seat?

DS never gets a booster seat anymore at restaurants.  We put away his booster seat at home for the first time yesterday.  We'll see how it goes :-)

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic image

Re: When did you transition DC out of the booster seat?

• We stopped using a booster this past spring or early summer, so close to the same age as your DS. We've been eating dinner at the table in our sunroom most nights and never bothered bringing the booster out there, and now she probably wouldn't want to use it even if we tried.

Emily 11.29.2007 | Kate 4.3.2010 | James 8.22.2013
  • When DS1 turned four last year.  DS2 we stopped in the beginning of the summer this year.
    BabyFruit TickerLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers image image
  • Loading the player...
  • My kids seem to hate highchairs or boosters of any kind.  DS1 was done with the booster at 2.5 and DS2 didn't use it much at all (he pretty much went straight from high chair to normal chair more than six months ago).  B/c of this I bought them each a Kaboost so that their chair is a little higher up and closer to the table (DS1 was kneeling to eat all the time and it drove me nuts!).
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Probably around 2.5. 
  • We still use ours because our daughter is a "mover and a shaker" so to speak.  It's hard to keep her at the table because she likes to move around so much!  We also have a table that's a bit higher than most and without the seat, she'll make a mess during meals because she won't be able to reach her plate. 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • at about 1

she was never a fan

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Around 2 years.  DS1 wanted to sit in a big seat like his sister. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Maybe around 2.5? She has never liked them. She prefers to sit on her knees.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Around age 2.5 for #1 and age 2 for #2.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My DS just stopped sitting in the booster a little after he turned 2.  Our table and chairs work well for that but some restraunts are harder.  He doesn't like boosters though - anywhere, so he sometimes sits on his knees which works for him. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • DD1 was about 2.5

DD2 a little under 1.5. She just never wanted to sit in one..wanted to be just like her sister ;)

CP 3/07
    BFP 5/07 - Kylie born 2/08.       BPF 2/09 - Alexandra born 10/09.
    TTC since 8/13 - diagnosed difficulty conceiving due to LP defect. Took vitamin B and Vitex Berry to help lengthen.
    BFP 2/14 - Missed M/C found at 8.5 weeks. D&C at 9w2d. Partial Molar Pregnancy.
    BFP 11/14
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"