Pregnant after IF
Options

Gave in and POAS....

Even though I just posted a response to a 2ww post about POAS before my beta that I wasn't going to give in and do it.  I couldn't take the stress any longer and bought a 3 pack of FRER and I definitely got 2 pink lines (10dp3dt)!  I want to do something really special to show the test to DH, but I'm scared that when I go in Friday for my beta that the numbers will be low and I will get him excited and have to take the excitement all away from him.  I feel like I have to tell him that I got the BFP on the test today because we have never seen 2 lines!  When did you tell DH/SO? Should I make a big deal about it?  Ever since we have started this IF journey it has been my dream to make the announcement to DH really special because he wants a family almost more than I do.  
3/09 off BCP TTC 6/09 DX PCOS 9/09, endometriosis, bicornuate uterus DH- All #'s are above normal! 1500 mg Metformin 6 rounds of Clomid + HCG trigger- All BFN 8/10 IUI #1 Gonal F + Ovidrel BFN 9/10 On a much needed break 10/10 Laparoscopy 11/10- 6/11 IUI #2-4 Gonal F, Ovidrel, and progesterone, produced 4-8 follies each cycle, all BFN 8/11 IVF #1 R-20, M-17, F W/ICSI 2 :( 3dt of a 4 cell and 7 cell BFP!!!! BETA #1 115, #2 488, #3 2900 -SAIFAW- PAIFAW- Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Gave in and POAS....

• Options

Tell him, if the worst happened you would still tell him that it was a CP, so let him enjoy the excitement of those two beautiful lines before all the science comes back into play.

I taped my first + test to an "on the way" type picture frame and put it on the counter where he would see it when he arrived home from work.  That ended in a CP, but I'm still glad we got to enjoy that moment together.

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ETA:  OMG, I almost forgot to tell you Congratulations!!!!!!!

dx PCOS on Metformin
    LO#1 - 19 cycles, 3 IUIs, 1 m/c, gonal-f, ganirelix, ovidrel, progesterone
    Totally worth the wait!
    Getting ready for #2
    Back on Met, PCOS diet, prepping for treatments 1/12

Good luck to the wonderful ladies of 3T
    Always cheering on my girls Gymnst1013 & MrsJohns
    My Chart / Info for Newbies
  • Options
    In my case i POAS at 4dp5dt and saw a very very faint line. I immediately showed it to DH and we both tried to interpret it. DH wanted me to POAS again that afternoon, and again the next day and the next day. So basically we went through the whole uncertainty before beta together.
    TTC Since 01/09
    Unexplained IF
    Clomid cycle 1-3 - BFN IUI 1-3 - BFN 
    IVF 1 - BFP 4/4/11 - It's a boy!
    FET 1 - BFP M/C 6/14
    IVF 2 - 33R/19F 12 PGS resulted in 5 normal embies
    FET 1 scheduled 12/10/14
      Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Congratulations!!

I told my DH right away. 

Taking the Scenic Route
    FET: Success! Beta at 14dp5dt: 2427 TWINS!!
  • Options
    Thank you all.  I decided to get him a card and in it I wrote a little note that we can enjoy this moment until proven otherwise and no matter what this gives us a HUGE amount of hope that we never had before!
    3/09 off BCP TTC 6/09 DX PCOS 9/09, endometriosis, bicornuate uterus DH- All #'s are above normal! 1500 mg Metformin 6 rounds of Clomid + HCG trigger- All BFN 8/10 IUI #1 Gonal F + Ovidrel BFN 9/10 On a much needed break 10/10 Laparoscopy 11/10- 6/11 IUI #2-4 Gonal F, Ovidrel, and progesterone, produced 4-8 follies each cycle, all BFN 8/11 IVF #1 R-20, M-17, F W/ICSI 2 :( 3dt of a 4 cell and 7 cell BFP!!!! BETA #1 115, #2 488, #3 2900 -SAIFAW- PAIFAW- Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

CONGRATULATIONS!!!  How exciting! 

I also think you should tell him. 

TTC Child #1 Sept '08, Dx: Unexplained, DOR 2 IUI's = BFN, m/c, IVF 1 = 0 embies to put back, IVF 2 = BFN, IVF 3 = cancelled, IVF 4 = BFP with 1 embie. Our son came into our life on 9/28/11. We are in love! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I told him immediately!  I figured we were in this together no matter what happens.  Today you are PG!  Enjoy!

"When the world says, 'Give up,' Hope whispers, 'Try one more time.'" -Anonymous

• Options
    That is so terrific!  Congratulations!  I had to wait to tell my H until the next day (I didn't POAS to find out -- it was a surprise call from the RE)... We had company over and I wanted to tell him and only him until we at least had confirmation that the beta #s were doubling.  I WISH I could have told him the same day -- I didn't sleep all that night!
    On a TTC journey since March 2010 that is making me more appreciative of life and love. 7/20 -- Surprise phone call from RE after lap pre-op appt-- BFP! 8/5 -- Ultrasound #1 8/12 -- Ultrasound #2 Pregnancy Ticker My Imperfect Pursuit of Gardening
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"