Pre-School and Daycare
Options

Kindermusik?

Has anyone done a class with them? I'm thinking of taking a class with my 1yo while my older child is at school, just curious what others' experiences have been.

TIA for any responses!

Re: Kindermusik?

• Options

We took classes from 6-24 months and loved them. Lots of fun.  Great way to connect with your baby and other moms.  Having the home kit was nice, too.  I really didn't know too many kids songs till we went to Kindermusik.  Then I had dozens.  (When DD was a newborn I found myself belting out old Smith's songs from the 80s. If she ends up depressed it's my fault.  ;)

Most offer trial classes... definitely check some out.  Some of the instructors really  stand out.

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Lilypie - (C6hS)

• Options

LOVE Kindermusik. All 3 of my kids have done it - DS is still doing it.

And all of them ask for the CD's to be played. 

image Mommy to Barbara 11/8/05, Elisabeth 5/13/07, Loukas 12/23/08 and Lazarus 09/25/12
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I did a similar program with my older DD.  Now that she is in morning preschool, I get to have fun with my youngest.  Our starts next week and I am so excited!
    Momma to 2 sweet girls here on earth and a precious baby boy in heaven
  • Options
    We have done two sessions and just started another today. It's a lot of fun. DS was so happy to go today. It's expensive, but DS gets a lot out of it (a great small social setting for him!), so for us it's worth it (my dad gave this to us as a gift last Xmas).
    Like giveaways? Like my blog!
    www.facebook.com/TryVermontFirst
    I love these two beautiful children!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

IMO, it totally depends on the teacher!  We had two awful teachers/experiences.  One of our teachers - 50ish grandmother type - lectured me about all the damage I was doing to dd because I told her "no" as she was destroying a fake tree in the room.  Not just playing and messing with it, but pulling it apart and tearing it up!  She told me I was lazy and there were better ways to deal with the situation.  All the time she was talking to me in a sugary sweet fakey voice.  It took all I had not to punch her in the nose!  Needless to say that was our last class.

That said, I think the program has the potential to be great.  I wish they had the sing and sign class when dd was younger. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"