High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

GD ladies - do our babies kick more?

I notice my soon to be daughter kicks me some days like crazy? Is that due to maybe having one meal that was a bit over (accidentally) then what I was supposed to test at?

By accidentally going over did I cause my daughter to "go crazy" in my belly?

Sorry if this is a dumb question.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: GD ladies - do our babies kick more?

• Options
    Babies have busy days and slow days. If you had something sugary or with caffeine it might cause baby to be a little more active, but that happens whether you have GD or not. As far as I know, having a slightly high reading doesn't cause the baby to be more active.
    Mama to two sweet girls
    DD1 Feb 2010
    DD2 Sept 2011

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

I sort of wondered this myself- however, I feel like this kid doesn't move nearly as much as my friends' babies did...

My baby seems to move a decent amount shortly after I eat regardless of what it is...if I happen to go too long without a snack, the baby seems to sleep. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have GD and my baby kicks like crazy.  I'm not even sure when she sleeps. Correlation?  I don't know.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I think every baby is different. I have GD and some days he is really quiet and others he is really active. Our ultrasound tech said that sometimes she tells Moms to eat some protein before coming in so the baby will be moving around.

Maybe that is all it was and has nothing to do with diabetes at all.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Babies ten to kick more after meals anyway, I think we are just more aware because of our guilt. Even though we didn't do anything wrong. If I have 4 exta carbs i am convince the baby is in sugar shock and will be 14 lbs.
    BabyName Ticker
    my read shelf:
    Summer Rae Garcia's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    Sugar doesn't make mine move.  People will suggest drinking juice for u/s or kick counts if they aren't moving enough.  It doesn't work on her.  Caffiene on the other hand does.  I try my best to steer clear of that because I can definitely tell it affects her.  Whether GD babies in general kick more, idk.  This is my first one =)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"