Pre-School and Daycare

Stuffed animals

Do you have a lot of stuffed animals?  Where do you keep them?  Do you buy them, or do other people?  Etc.

DD is 4 and LOVES stuffed animals.  Like if we're at the store and there is a puppy, kitty, or horse, she goes nuts and begs.  She also loves Build A Bear, we have only been there on 4 special occasions, but she is always begging me to go.  And we have won a whole bunch from the amusement park where we have season passes.

I am not a big fan of all the stuffed animals, so I try to get rid of them when I can (like donate the ones with tags, sell others (like the furreal cat she used for about 5 minutes).

They are in a big bin which I kept in our downstairs play area, but then DD would climb in the bin and hide under the stuffed animals, which meant our 2 year old had to do the same, and it turned into a fiasco, so I put the bin in DD's room.  She also has a heap of stuffed animals on her bed.

So sick of stuffed animals!  We went to the dollar store the other day and I told DD she could pick 1 thing, thinking she'd want some knock-off My Little Pony type thing, but she wanted this hideous stuffed bear.. *sigh*

Re: Stuffed animals

• I put one of these on DD#1's amazon wish list, and she got it for a birthday a while back: https://www.booninc.com/products/AnimalBag

It's like stuffing a bean bag with stuffed animals.  Kind of silly, to shove all those stuffed animals away, but they still get played with plenty since they can see them through the bean bag.  Nice for storage... 

• imagebubbs147:

I put one of these on DD#1's amazon wish list, and she got it for a birthday a while back: https://www.booninc.com/products/AnimalBag

It's like stuffing a bean bag with stuffed animals.  Kind of silly, to shove all those stuffed animals away, but they still get played with plenty since they can see them through the bean bag.  Nice for storage... 

That is so cool!  

We keep ours in a wicker basket in the living room- I honestly have no idea how we got so many- I think they breed in there! 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Ok- get this: we have 2 huge tuperwares full in the garage, a huge wicker laundry basket in her room, a pop up hamper in her room, and a huge number in her toy room, in the living room and wherever they happen to be dropped in the house.  I want to get rid of a bunch, but don't know how.  Ideas?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My DD's preschool took a few - ones that were obviously like new.  I'm not sure if animal shelters would take any (sort of like toys/pillows for the animals).

I have consigned a few like new ones - furreal cat, webkinz animals, characters (like a huge spongebob pillow we had)

• i HATE them- but Griffin LOVES them - and he really does play with them- so I'm not against them in the house like I was when he was younger and not into them.

We have a big bin in the livingroom that they stay in down here... and he has a bunch in his bed he sleeps with.  The twins end up with one in their cribs often - when Griffin gives them one as a nice gesture before bed :)

about every 6 months I have Griffin go through them with me and make a pile of ones he doesn't like so much anymore - and we "give them to children who don't have any"... that way we don't end up with too many. He's really good about giving some away- and thankfully, he always picks the crappy ones to give away - which are the ones I really hate - ie ) the ones he wins from stupid "claw" games, etc. :)

I used to be Goldie_locks_5 but the new nest is so screwed up that I was forced to start over.
    imageimage
  • We keep most of their stuffed animals in the large navy fabric baskets from PBK.  We also have them on top of furniture.  I'm a teddy bear collector, and we have a stuffed animal store so all of them come from our store. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"