High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

XP: Terbutaline

They gave me two doses yesterday to stop my contractions. It made me seriously jittery and pulse was averaging above 120. Today, I'm still having joint pain and some chest pain. Is this normal? I wish I would have googled the side effects and warnings before agreeing to let them give it to me...

Re: XP: Terbutaline

• Options

It did a number on my body. It was worth it to me to keep little guy in there. If it makes you uncomfortable ask if there is an alternative they are willing to give you. For me personally it made my heart race, my body shake and ache and gave me chills. I remember getting a headache too but I don't think it was a horrible headache. The shaking and heart racing was the worst.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I know it speeds up your heart rate and can make you jittery.  I took it with DS and my Dr gave me some 2 weeks ago to take as needed.  I usually try to take it before bed and if I take it during the day I just relax for a while. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was given terbutaline shots and pills when I was pregnant with my son. It made me feel horrible. After a day of taking the pills I was switched to Procardia. I felt much better on that. No racing heart or jittery feelings. 
    BFP #1 6/21/08 natural m/c 7/4/08 BFP #2 10/3/08 blighted ovum discovered 11/5/08 D&C 11/13/08 dx with hetero MTHFR 1/7/09 BFP #3 7/1/09 DS born 3/7/10 BFP #4 1/27/10 DD born 9/4/11 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    After having the magnesium and then the terbutaline I had bad headaches, bad chest pain, and shortness of breath. The doctor said that in pregnancy you heart rate is normally a little high but with the medication, it get's much higher for a while and can give you these symptoms. My doctor had me go in for a chest ct to make sure, but she was pretty certain everything was fine-- which it was. It was just horribly uncomfortable. Good luck!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"