Blended Families
Options

LittleJen

Hey I stumbled on your post on travel about riviera beach. I have spent a lot of time in that area (the hotel is really on singer island). I am currently dealing with the hurricane but tomorrow I will tell you all about it.

Re: LittleJen

• Options
    We are still without power so this is from my phone. So no paragraphs. I spent a ton of time on Singer Island because BFFs parents owned homes there. Singer island is a quaint lovely little area. The town of riveria beach is not so nice. But it is maybe five to ten blocks at the opposite end of the island and has never been much of a concern of mine. There is plenty tondo in the area (are you taking the littles?). There is peanut island that you can take a boat trip too. There is downtown west palm beach a short drive away with great shopping and dining. The beaches there are really lovely. There is a marina called Sailfish, which is walkable from the hotel. They have a huge restaurant and bar and also hold festivals/events quite reguarly (a weekly artfest comes to mind). We actually ventured too a few restaurants on riveria beach on the regular with no problems. Lion Country Safari isn't far and is fun for kids. A local girl on my board went to the same Marriott with her baby and loved it. I can ask her for kid friendly reccs if you would like? I personally love the WPB/Singer Island areas. I don't spend time there anymore bc bff's parents moved up to Jupiter but it's a fun area that is convenient to a lot of great places.
  • Options

Thanks for the info.

There are actually 2 Marriott's there

https://www.marriottvacationclub.com/vacation-resorts/marriott-oceana-palms/overview.shtml

https://www.marriottvacationclub.com/vacation-resorts/marriott-ocean-pointe/overview.shtml

Are they both fine to go to?  And people on the Travel board said that Rivera Beach is ghetto and extremely dangerous, how concerned should I be?  Is this unsafe area literally just a few blocks away on the same island?  That makes me want to scrap the idea of these a possible hotels completely.

We are not going in the near future but I was just researching the Marriott Vacation Clubs because we have a timeshare and most of our vacations will be exchanges with other timeshares.  We would definitely be bringing the kids.  Any idea how cold this area is in December?  I think next year we are going to do a Disney vacation for the kids' birthday and possibly do a few days Disney and a few beach but most likely just Disney.

Jen - Mom to two December 12 babies Nathaniel 12/12/06 and Addison 12/12/08
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    December is probably anywhere from the mid 70's -90's. The weather would be lovely. Although technically an island Singer doesn't feel like an island. Is RB ghetto? Yes. Would it keep this sheltered, paranoid lady from enjoying Singer Island and the surrounding areas? Nope. Where the Marriots are is almost all residential, and there is some pretty high end real estate down there. I know people who just built a multimillion $ condo on that side of the island. They could afford to live anywhere and they still choose Singer. Also, that area is heavily patrolled bc they don't want any issues, just like any other resort community. I haven't been in a few years but I never felt unsafe. We would walk through the island at night by ourselves or go to dinner in RB and never had an issue.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"