Pregnant after IF

I know I'm not still pregnant, but...

I just haven't made myself move over to SAIF from here yet!

Just thought I'd post a quick update on me and Ellie. She is 2 weeks old as of today. It's gone so fast! We took her up to meet my mom yesterday...and mom was so happy to learn she has a grandchild! (for anyone who doesn't know, my mom is in a nursing home with dementia). She didn't remember that I had been pregnant, but was thrilled when we told her all about it again. She was beaming the whole time, telling everyone around about her granddaughter!

Today was Ellie's 2 week checkup with the pediatrician. Thankfully, she has gained some of the weight back that she had lost. She was 6lbs8oz at birth, and was down to 5lbs14oz at her first checkup at 4 days old. She is back up to 6lbs4.5oz. It isn't as big of a gain as the doc would've liked, so she wants me to supplement with formula once a day. She checked Ellie out, and said other than the lack of weight gain (well, lack of enough of a gain), Ellie looks great. She has great muscle tone (she holds her head up for up to a minute to look at me and look around when she is on my chest), and it appears she has a fast metabolism, and she just needs more calories to put on a bit more weight. 

So, for now we are going to be continuing to breastfeed most of the time during the day and night, and supplement with one bottle of formula per day. We go back for another checkup in 2 weeks, and hopefully my little munchkin will have put on a decent amount of weight by then! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
SAIFW

Re: I know I'm not still pregnant, but...

• I'm so glad things are going well. I hope your little peanut continues to grow! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I noticed people don't tear themselves away from PAIF that easily. It's like that line from Brokeback Mountain "I can't quit you..........."

Glad to hear he's doing well!

• Loading the player...
  • and she is so stinkin cute!

I havent made my way over to SAIF either, I hope people dont mind =) 

• She is so adorable! Congrats again hun, and I'm so happy to hear she's doing so well :)

• Thanks for the update, glad to hear things are going so well.

4 Clomid cycles BFN's,3 injectible cycles BFN, 3 failed IUI's
    Hystroscopy to remove cysts 11/2010
    IVF #1 with ICSI Graydon Dane born Oct. 23, 2011 via c-section at 38 weeks.
    Surprise BFP 10/9/12. Blighted ovum at 8wks. D&C 11/1/12.
    Surprise BFP#2 TWINS!!! Boy/Girl twins.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Awww - glad you are both doing well.  She's adorable.  I'm sorry about your mom - I have the same situation with my grandma but it is kind of fun to have her all excited again each time I visit. 
  • Wow! Your sweet girl is getting so big! How exciting that your mom was able to understand that she has a granddaughter.

Just out of curiosity, who is your pediatrician? We go to Providence Pediatrics.

• she is GORGEOUS!

Congratulations to you! 

TTC #2 since June '08

~*DD 10.21.07*~

dx unexplained

IUI #1-4 BFN

IVF#1 June 2011 BFN

IVF#2 Dec 2011

Beta#1 12/21 : 812 Beta#2 12/23 : 1634

EDD 8/25

*PAIFW/SAIFW*