Pre-School and Daycare

Halloween costumes (already)

Anyone's DC already decided what they want to be? (and how old are they)

And are you / your DH going to dress up (as what)?

My 4 year old was a puppy last year, she wants to be a princess this year.. and she wants me to dress up "but not as a witch", so I don't know what I'll do.

Re: Halloween costumes (already)

• My guys were pouring over the Costume Express catalog a couple of weeks ago.  I think they decided on ninjas.  Not my choice but not sure I can talk them out of it.  DS#3 doesn't really get it yet so I will probably pick something cute for him.  =)

My twins are 5! My baby is 3!

DS#2 - Allergic to Cashew, Pistachio, Kiwi

DS#3 - Allergic to Milk, Egg, Peanut, Tree Nuts and Sesame

• Optimus Prime and Bumblebee here (5 and 3.5)

The 5 yr old got his Optimus Prime costume for his birthday and has been talking about Halloween ever since the end of July.

I need to order the Bumblebee costume but I'm having trouble finding one small enough for my little guy.

DH and I probably won't dress up this year...   

Our IF journey: 1 m/c, 1 IVF with only 3 eggs retrieved yielding Dylan and a lost twin, 1 shocker unmedicated BFP resulting in Jace, 3 more unmedicated pregnancies ending in more losses.
    Total score: 6 pregnancies, 5 losses, 2 amazing blessings that I'm thankful for every single day.
  • Loading the player...
  • DD1 (3.5) had been saying she wanted to be Cinderella, then she changed it to Sleeping Beauty, and she wants DD2 to be a bumbebee. Luckily I have both the Cinderella & Sleeping Beauty costumes in the closet already that I got a super deal on last year before Christmas! I don't know what I'll do for DD2 yet. I would kind of like to have them coordinate, but we'll see!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • i think this might be the last year i can pick the boys' costumes, so they're going to be the peanuts gang. oliver will be charlie brown, linus will be...uh...guess, and miles will be pigpen. and i will be marcie! :D
    How to tell my boys apart

The different types of twins and triplets

Jack, Sydney and Carynne, Annaleigh, JW, Eden...forever in our hearts.
    My blog * We made the national news!
  • DD wants to be a mermaid.  I was hoping to have one more year choosing her costume, but no such luck.  She is determined to be a mermaid with pink hair!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Train engineer.  He's almost 3.5.  He already pretends to drive trains all around anyway.  Now he'll just have a costume.
  • DS is going to be a cute hamburger because I said so. He is only 2.5 years old next week.

DH and I always talk about coordinating costumes with DS but we never follow through. Last year, DS was a bear and I told DH we should be the 3 bears. What actually happened was that DS was a bear but he was the only one dressed up. This year, DH said he wants to be french fries and I had to be the soft drink. Its not going to happen but its fun to daydream and poke fun.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagehowleyshell:

Optimus Prime and Bumblebee here (5 and 3.5)

The 5 yr old got his Optimus Prime costume for his birthday and has been talking about Halloween ever since the end of July.

I need to order the Bumblebee costume but I'm having trouble finding one small enough for my little guy.

DH and I probably won't dress up this year...   

Those were my guys' costumes last year.  I think we got them at PartyCity.com because they had the costumes in smaller sizes.

My twins are 5! My baby is 3!

DS#2 - Allergic to Cashew, Pistachio, Kiwi

DS#3 - Allergic to Milk, Egg, Peanut, Tree Nuts and Sesame

• imageNaplesWifey:
    DD1 (3.5) had been saying she wanted to be Cinderella, then she changed it to Sleeping Beauty, and she wants DD2 to be a bumbebee. Luckily I have both the Cinderella & Sleeping Beauty costumes in the closet already that I got a super deal on last year before Christmas! I don't know what I'll do for DD2 yet. I would kind of like to have them coordinate, but we'll see!

If DD1 goes as Cinderalla you could always have DD2 go as a mouse. :)

• My DD originally wanted to be a witch, then it was a butterfly, and now it's a bee. We shall see what she decides when we actually purchase a costume.
  • DS1 keeps changing his mind between something really scary or Bumblebee.

DS2 is going to be "Mike Wazouskee"from "Monster Inc."

DS3 (due in a couple weeks) will be a cute little pumpkin.

BabyFruit TickerLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers image image
  • DD was a butterfly last year, she doesn't full get it yet, but she remembers she was a butterfly!  I think this year, she'll enjoy dressing up as Piglet or maybe Dora!

I'd like for us to dress up as the Flintstones for Halloween, but I'm not sure if DH will go for it or not.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • DD is almost 3.5.  She switches back and forth between wanting to be a shark, dragon, or bumblebee.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • I don't know.  I think Rachel and I are going to be Bees again or maybe I will change her to a lady bug.  Cally and Harm are up in the air.  I fear Harm will insist on Thomas the Train.
    Mom to Harmon 1/17/08 and twins Rachel & Callum 8/28/09 Photobucket 29o0v13.jpg
  • DS is 3 and will be a triceratops... because I ordered it from One Step Ahead last year but it was too big and too late to return it, so I saved it for this year! Luckily I think he will be fine with not having a choice, as he is much more into dinosaurs this year anyway!
  • I bought a fire costume (boots, coat and hat with face shield) and a camo army costume with patches all over it and a helmet at a consignment sale. I'll let him choose between those. I need to figure out what he could carry with him as a prop if he's an army guy because I'm not into toy gun carrying at age 3. Any suggestions? Or some kind of themed treat bucket he could carry with his outfit?
  • imageMrs Manners:
    I bought a fire costume (boots, coat and hat with face shield) and a camo army costume with patches all over it and a helmet at a consignment sale. I'll let him choose between those. I need to figure out what he could carry with him as a prop if he's an army guy because I'm not into toy gun carrying at age 3. Any suggestions? Or some kind of themed treat bucket he could carry with his outfit?

A flag? 

• DD is going to be a T-Rex. I'm going to order the costume from Chasing Fireflies.
  • imageangelakh:

imageMrs Manners:
    I bought a fire costume (boots, coat and hat with face shield) and a camo army costume with patches all over it and a helmet at a consignment sale. I'll let him choose between those. I need to figure out what he could carry with him as a prop if he's an army guy because I'm not into toy gun carrying at age 3. Any suggestions? Or some kind of themed treat bucket he could carry with his outfit?

A flag? 

Thank you! A flag is perfect. I'm a little embarrassed I didn't think of it myself. I know he will love it since he spent the entire 4th of July weekend waving a flag and saying the pledge in our front yard.
  • Elmo and Abby.  Halloween totally stresses me out.  Owen's allergies are overwhelming at best so I am trying not to think about it yet!
    O 10.08 & MJ 6.10
  • DS1 (3.5) is going to be Buzz Lightyear

DS2 (21 months) is going to be a dragon

DD=no idea!

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I think the boys (5,2) will be cowboy and Indian. Saw a cute costume from chasing fireflies. Cormac was a monster last year and jack was tie-fighter pilot. Buy they may decide to do something different. We won't be dressing ip.
  • omg, dd1 keeps changing what she wants to be. So far her list is a "tv with the weather channel on it" ,  a butterfly, bee, ladybug, or santa. Oh,and cinderella.

DD2 will probably be a bee since I have a costume in her size or a leopard cat.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • My older son is going to be a banana and my younger son is going to be a monkey,can't wait til halloween,they are gonna be so cute!!
  • DD is going to be a princess and DS is gonig to be a frog.  Get it?  Princess and the Frog? :)  I already have their costumes.
    DD~6 years old~born June 6, 2008 (1st grade)
    DS~4 years old~born November 6, 2010 (1st year of preschool)
  • DD, 6, wants to be Rapunzel.  We have the dress and will probably just buy her the wig (if it doesn't change between now and then).

DS1, almost 4, hasn't decided yet.  He said Batman but that was what he was last year.  Not sure if that is really wants to be or what he remembers.

DS2-  I might just put him in DS1's dragon costume from when he was little.

I wish I could get them to do a theme.  They wanted Toy story after Halloween last year.  I might put that bug back in their ear : )

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DD wants to be a polar bear... I'm going to try and make the costume. :-)

photo c107d4aa-9909-4a33-b3bd-bd94168bd5fc.jpg

• DD wants to be Izzy from Jake and the Neverland Pirates. There are no pre-made costumes available, but luckily it's pretty easy! Brown boots, purple leggings, pink blouse, pink bandana. She'll probably change her mind between now and then though!
  • No idea yet. DD2 may wear one of DD1's old costumes -- she likes giraffes, and we have a giraffe costume that may be about the right size. 

DD1 could either wear her witch costume from last year again (it was kind of big at the time), or we'll get something new. I haven't really talked to her about it yet. 

DH was DJ Lance from Yo Gabba Gabba, and I got a medieval dress. I don't know if we'll get new costumes or not.

DD1, 1/5/2008 ~~~ DD2, 3/17/2010
  • B is going to be a zombie. When he eats thawed berries he always looks like he's just taken a huge bite out of someone, so we're just going to feed him a lot before going out. Combine that with some ratty clothes and possibly a bit of extra ick rubbed on his arms, and he'll be the cutest walking dead ever. DH and I are going to be his victims - as gross as possible without being overly frightening.

We are probably going to make him a pirate costume as well as a back-up. We're going to Hall-O-Scream at Busch Gardens before Halloween, so if he seems freaked out by the "scarier" stuff, we'll opt for the pirate. No point in him being scared of his own costume (or mommy and daddy). 

Contemplating the snow.
    Mes Petit Choux
    imageimageimage
    I can't go back to yesterday - because I was a different person then. ~ Alice

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DD1 announced after Halloween last year that she wanted to be a ghost this year, and so far she's been sticking to it. You would think with how obsessed she is with princesses, that's what she'd want to be, but apparently not!

She's also insisting that DD2 be a blueberry this year. When she first said it, I thought it was completely random (aside from the fact that DD2 does love blueberries), but she later revealed that it's because DD2 was a strawberry last year which means she needs to be a different fruit this year. And here I thought I could reuse DD1's bumblebee costume!

DH and I don't dress up. Last year I tried to wear a witch hat but it made DD2 cry. lol.

Emily 11.29.2007 | Kate 4.3.2010 | James 8.22.2013
  • Hi.  I am new to this board. 

My DD went to a Princess b-day party and my mother brought her a cinderella dress so that is what she is wearing for Halloween.  I need to get some shoes but she is all set.

Last year I wore a witches hat but it was so windy that I ended up chasing it down the street so I don't think I will do anything but take her trick or treating. 

• DD is going to be a fairy. I have the fairy dress already, I just need to get her some wings. I am thinking Pirate for DS.

• DS1 wants to be a garbage man again.  We had to make the costume and it was a little challenging since they don't make coverall patterns that small.  I put a bug in his ear that maybe a super hero would be better. 

I am not sure about DS2.  He is a big boy and can't fit into any of DS1's old costumes.   So much for having 2 kids born in the same season so I could re-use. 

We have a party to go to and every year DH refuses to dress up.  I have not thought about myself yet.  

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• DD will be a princess for the 3rd year straight (her call, not mine).  Not sure what I'll do for DS.  He was a frog his 1st halloween, then Jack-Jack from the Incredibles.  Not sure about this year.

DD -- 5YO
    DS -- 3YO

• DS (4) wants to be a white angry bird.  he wants his sister to be a red angry bird.  I am searching already!
  • DS#1 has been saying Iron Man for awhile.  We got some costume catalog in the mail and then he said he wanted to be a bunch of other different things (but all super hero/action hero related).  Then we went to a consignment sale last weekend and there was an iron man costume, and he picked it up and wanted it and I said yes.  Then there was a baby spiderman costume and DS#1 INSISTED that is what DS#2 wanted to be :-P  Well, I don't really have an opinion on his costume, and I'm sure he doesn't either, so since SOMEONE did I decided to go ahead and buy it since it was cheap :-P  I then decided we might as well stick with super heros, so I'm going as wonder woman!  It'll be great....haha....
    Adrian 7.6.07 - ADHD, Disruptive Behavior Disorder, Learning Disability-NOS
    Cam 6.6.10 - Autism, Global Developmental Delay, Mixed Receptive/Expressive Communication Disorder
  • I've asked DD what she wants to be this year and so far she's told me she wants to be a carrot. I have no idea where that came from. She doesn't even like carrots!

She also said once that she wanted to be a pretty princess. That would be a lot easier than a carrot.

I'm holding out until closer to Halloween to get a costume.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We're thinking about firefighters or farmers for the boys.  I'm worried about a firefighter one being too hot b/c it's so hot here.  The heat limits our costume choices.  They are 3 and 1.  DH and I won't dress up.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"