Blended Families
Options

Whats the biotchiest BF thing you have ever done?

We were at SS school for something - can't remember what (oops!)Anyhow SS had done a project on his family and he had a picture of BM holding him at his baptism.  She looked like she had been dragged through a ditch backwards - really just awful.  BM siad to me, O my god I can't believe they choose this picture to hang up, I look just terrible.  I told her.. 'no you don't, you looked fine and anyhow you had just had a baby'.When BM walked away I called DH over, showed him the pictures and told him we should get copies for our album.DH starred at the pic and then said holy *** she looks like cr*p.  I said 'really, you think?  That is kinda how I remember her from back then'.YEA I KNOW - I can be a biotch when I want to. 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Whats the biotchiest BF thing you have ever done?

• Options

I married their dad and had a child with him.  I will never be forgiven for taking him away from them. 

• Options

I exist.  :)

Apparently, paying his household bills was a bit problematic for the new(er) wife.

The thing that comes to mind was calling to talk to the kids and they weren't there.  I asked to speak with PH and he wasn't there.  So I asked if they were out shopping and when they would come back and she told me the kids were at Grandma's for the week and he was in the hospital for testing.  When I asked why I wasn't told they'd be at Grandma's when I'd talked to him/them the week prior (the boys were with him at the time for summer visitation) she told me it was none of my business what went on in their house and hung up on me.  I called back and told her that if he was in the hospital and my kids were elsewhere it certainly was my business and she was to never, ever tell me that something that concerned my kids wasn't my business or to hang up on me like that again, then I hung up on her.  I was a little ticked and had raised voice and used curse words and everything.  My daughter and her friend came from her bedroom in the back of the house and just looked at me like "whoa!"  Friend said "MrsBPO, I've never heard you talk like that.  Wow."

Photobucket
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I pointed out to SS (only just a few months ago - prior to this I had never made any derogatory comments) that BM does this twisted smile thing in ALL her photos. He really took a look and started laughing - he agreed with me.

She's such a poser literally and figuratively.

• Options

Okay. I got one. 

Recently when SD and GS were going to move here, DH and I were discussing SD and the rules of how she will have to get down to business immediately, help out, get a night job, go back to college at some point, and how she's going to short change herself if she does not finish college.  I tell DH there is no reason why SD can not finish up and do one more year.  It escalated into an argument.

DH tells me, that things were different for me, I had parents helping me, SD's not like me - I told him I did not have my parent's help.  We were dirt poor in the middle of a farm crisis and told him how I worked 2, sometimes 3 jobs to pay all my own bills and tuition - I made it work. She can too and she has it easier.  I make apoint to say if she moves in, she has 2 parents to help and no bills to pay. Then he says... "Well you didn't have a kid."  By then I was fed up with the excuses and the constant comparison to me and how everyone thinks I had it easy.   I shot back "That's right! You are ABSOLUTELY correct! I did NOT have a child! I PAID FOR MY OWN BIRTH CONTROL and was responsible enough not to get myself in that lameass situation in the FIRST PLACE!!!"

That ended that conversation.

• Options

(quoting MrsBPO)...

I exist, too!

The most recent... I lost some weight.  ;)

• Options
    imageWickedCoolSM:

Whoo good for you! 

• Options

well besides breathing...

the last time my SD15 said (and BM threatened) that she was NEVER coming here again because I was so mean and browbeating her about chores (like please don't leave bloddy used maxipads on your dresser or bathroom counter) I went in her room and tore down all of her posters and threw them away. 

I was going to put all of her stuff in the driveway for the Garbagemen but my DH calmed me down! LOL

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

imagePregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    LOL - I dont allow SD or BM to walk all over DH or myself. They hate me for that.
  • Options

For me, it was apparently when I said that I wanted SS to call before coming over on the days he was with his Mom.  That was a lovely time....

Recently with my exH, we got into it pretty bad about somethings and his girlfriend started emailing me not so nice things, and I was pissed.  So I forwarded the email to my ex (with a cc to the gf) and wrote "you found a diamond in the ruff with this fat *** and I hope she chokes on a donut".  That was soooo out of character for me, and probably one of the most imature things that I have ever done!

• Options
    imagePhantomgirl:
    imageWickedCoolSM:

Whoo good for you! 

Thanks-30 lbs!! I finally became a WW Lifetime Member, too!  (ok, it's not about me... honest it isn't!)  ...as I sit here with carrots and hummus and Diet Dr. Pepper ;)

(and I know I don't post or comment too often, but I'm around, gals...) Still have Ireland envy! What's worse is that my sister is going there next month!

• Options

Not all that bitchy, but does at least give a measure of smugness....

DH was not on SD's birth certificate.  Never mind that she filed for CS as soon as SD was born, had SD's last name legally changed to DH's 3 months after she was born and DH has always been a factor in his daughter's life AND he was willing and able to sign the birth cert as the father. She just opted to not put him on there for whatever reason.

Fast forward 8 years and SD is on my company's insurance.  They do an audit and everyone has to prove the relationship of anyone claimed as a dependent for insurance.  For step children, a birth cert with your spouse's name on it, along with the marriage certificate proving marriage was what we needed.

DH's name wasn't on the BC.  To add DH to the BC we had to fill out a form, have BM sign it, have it notarized and mail it to the office of vital statistics in Austin.  Come to find it will take 6-8 weeks to get it back, and we only have 3 weeks to produce the documentation for the audit.  DH had to drive to Austin, (2.5 hours each way) to turn the form in in person so that we would have the amended certificate back in 2-3 weeks.  It cost us well over $200 to do all of this (whatever the filing fee was, $25 to actually get a copy, DH had to give them the only certified copy of his child support/custody agreement so that will cost $$ to get another certified copy, gas, etc).

Soooo...the bitchy part.....We got ourselves a copy and did not get BM one.  If she wants one she can fill out a form and send in her own $25.

• Options
    imageWickedCoolSM:
    imagePhantomgirl:
    imageWickedCoolSM:

Whoo good for you! 

Thanks-30 lbs!! I finally became a WW Lifetime Member, too!  (ok, it's not about me... honest it isn't!)  ...as I sit here with carrots and hummus and Diet Dr. Pepper ;)

(and I know I don't post or comment too often, but I'm around, gals...) Still have Ireland envy! What's worse is that my sister is going there next month!

That is great!  Congrats!!  I gained about 15 pounds over the last year and the last few weeks started getting serious about dropping the weight.  I am down 10 pounds.  I started eating better and working out again, and it sure feels great!!  I was NOT going to go out and buy bigger clothes, so that is really what pushed me!

• Options
    It's soon to be Germany Envy too! Phantom is coming to see me! Tons of pictures of castles, wine and beer!
    file:///Users/Ilumine/Desktop/Family%20Portrait%20for%20gift.jpg
  • Options
    imagebebe11:

For me, it was apparently when I said that I wanted SS to call before coming over on the days he was with his Mom.  That was a lovely time....

I was thinking about you and all that just the other day!!  I was having a chat with SO about us living together and mentioned that the kids would always be welcome but if they were bringing BM with them (which would be any time since they can't drive) I would always expect a phone call.  He was in total agreement and thought it was just common courtesy!  I meant to pass along that you weren't crazy or irrational but couldn't remember who had posted about it!

• Options
    imagemcltwin2:
    imagebebe11:

I was thinking about you and all that just the other day!!  I was having a chat with SO about us living together and mentioned that the kids would always be welcome but if they were bringing BM with them (which would be any time since they can't drive) I would always expect a phone call.  He was in total agreement and thought it was just common courtesy!  I meant to pass along that you weren't crazy or irrational but couldn't remember who had posted about it!

Thanks :)  Ya I was the wicked witch of the west when all that went down.  The funny thing in all of it, BM has straigt out told SS to let her know before he comes home, or once she left his stuff outside and told him to just pick it up off the door step.  And my H always tells him to call BM before we drop him off........So hypicritical if you ask me.

• Options
    imageMrsBPO:

This exactly.

The biotchiest thing I ever did was accidental.  I had to go pick up something (I can't remember what) from BM's house. I  had been out running errrands when BM called my cell & said that I could come by & pick up what ever it was that we needed (prescription allergy medicine, I think) for SD. I was less than a mile away & told her that I was close by & would be there in a few minutes. It wasn't until I got out of the car & saw the look on her face that I remembered what I was wearing. It was a T-Shirt that said "(DH's name) SPEAKS THE TRUTH" in huge letters.  It was a gift from my cousin to DH & I when we got engaged - it was kinda a family joke about DH giving good advice. Anyway, the look on her face was priceless. Whoops!

• Options

I joined my DDH in telling BM that she couldn't move the kids out of state (let alone with a weeks notice) after she had moved 6 times in a year because she was obviously not stable enough to care for them.

I was mostly biotchy in a nice way that day though, even when she did the whole 'what would you know about raising kids you're just a STEP-mom' (like I hadn't been raising the kids she was supposed to be raising for 5 years) all I told her was that I wasn't going to be disrespected in my own house and if she wanted to speak to me like that then she was going to have to leave.

• Options
    imagencsu4ganneWed38430:
    imageMrsBPO:

This exactly.

The biotchiest thing I ever did was accidental.  I had to go pick up something (I can't remember what) from BM's house. I  had been out running errrands when BM called my cell & said that I could come by & pick up what ever it was that we needed (prescription allergy medicine, I think) for SD. I was less than a mile away & told her that I was close by & would be there in a few minutes. It wasn't until I got out of the car & saw the look on her face that I remembered what I was wearing. It was a T-Shirt that said "(DH's name) SPEAKS THE TRUTH" in huge letters.  It was a gift from my cousin to DH & I when we got engaged - it was kinda a family joke about DH giving good advice. Anyway, the look on her face was priceless. Whoops!

THAT is HILARIOUS!!!Cool

And i'm shaken then i'm still. When your eyes meet mine, i lose simple skills. Like to tell you all i want is now. Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"