Pre-School and Daycare

Sticker chart or something similar?

Has anyone made one or bought one?  I'd like to try this with my son - he's been really pushing boundaries and being a bit of a terror lately so I thought seeing his reward or seeing his lack of reward would maybe keep his boundaries in black and white.  I'd love to see pics or links, etc.  Thanks!  Or if anyone has any other ideas or suggestions that would be great too - I am not super creative so I'd need some guidance haha.  Thanks again.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Sticker chart or something similar?

• We got the Melissa and Doug responsibility chart:

It comes with a couple of blank ones and we wrote in "no potty talk" etc for negative behaviors we were trying to work on.

This thing worked like a CHARM.

They would talk about doing or not doing something so they could get their "responsibility dot" (magnet) at the end of the day.

Amazon has it on sale right now for $15.

https://www.amazon.com/Melissa-Doug-Deluxe-Magnetic-Responsibility/dp/B000NTZL7U

A lot of it is too old for them now but I like that it will grow with them and that it gives me the blank ones to personalize it to our issues and our home.

Our IF journey: 1 m/c, 1 IVF with only 3 eggs retrieved yielding Dylan and a lost twin, 1 shocker unmedicated BFP resulting in Jace, 3 more unmedicated pregnancies ending in more losses.
    Total score: 6 pregnancies, 5 losses, 2 amazing blessings that I'm thankful for every single day.
  • imagehowleyshell:

We got the Melissa and Doug responsibility chart:

It comes with a couple of blank ones and we wrote in "no potty talk" etc for negative behaviors we were trying to work on.

This thing worked like a CHARM.

They would talk about doing or not doing something so they could get their "responsibility dot" (magnet) at the end of the day.

Amazon has it on sale right now for $15.

https://www.amazon.com/Melissa-Doug-Deluxe-Magnetic-Responsibility/dp/B000NTZL7U

A lot of it is too old for them now but I like that it will grow with them and that it gives me the blank ones to personalize it to our issues and our home.

I bought one of these as well but haven't figured out how to use it for more than one child.  Is your chart child specific or did you find a way to combine them?

I have made my own - literally on a piece of paper with a sharpie - for specific behaviors.  As an example, DS#2 was having a really hard time listening.  So I told him he had to do what I asked him the first time I asked.  When he did that he would earn a check mark.  After ten check marks he earned a little stuffed penguin he wanted at the store.  He did well at first, then went a couple of days without any check marks.  Then I would tell him when he missed an opportunity to earn a check mark and he got back on board pretty quickly.  I think it took him almost two weeks to fill up all his check boxes.  But I also told him he needed to keep it up or we could take the penguin away.  So far, so good!

My twins are 5! My baby is 3!

DS#2 - Allergic to Cashew, Pistachio, Kiwi

DS#3 - Allergic to Milk, Egg, Peanut, Tree Nuts and Sesame

• Loading the player...
  • imageluvmagoldn:

I bought one of these as well but haven't figured out how to use it for more than one child.  Is your chart child specific or did you find a way to combine them?

At this age we only focus on 2-3 behaviors at a time.

I put up one behavior and then skip a space before the next one.

One puts his dot next to the behavior and the other on the same day but underneath the behavior line (that's left blank)

Does that make any sense?

Our IF journey: 1 m/c, 1 IVF with only 3 eggs retrieved yielding Dylan and a lost twin, 1 shocker unmedicated BFP resulting in Jace, 3 more unmedicated pregnancies ending in more losses.
    Total score: 6 pregnancies, 5 losses, 2 amazing blessings that I'm thankful for every single day.
  • Thanks so much - I might buy the Mand D one for future use but try a chart handmade for now to see how well it works.  He LOVES getting stamps at school so that might work at home too.  I just need to make something and we have plenty of construction paper and paints, etc. here so I will try that.  Thanks so much!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We started using marbles and a jar this last week and it's really working!  We started by writing a list of rules (there are 5 rules) together, ones that he is constantly not following.  We hung the list on the fridge.  DS actually came up with rules and I reworded them.  Every time he follows one of his rules he gets to put a marble in the jar.  When he fills the jar he gets to go on a "treat trip."  We told him we will take him to a special place of his choice (within reason).
  • imagehowleyshell:

We got the Melissa and Doug responsibility chart:

We do the same thing.  Each child has his/her own board in their room.    We do fill the chart up so that they have as much opportunity to earn smiley's.  Every serious negative behavior loses a smiley. 

Mom to Harmon 1/17/08 and twins Rachel & Callum 8/28/09 Photobucket 29o0v13.jpg
  • DH and I just got one.  We just started a few days ago.  We got ours from the Dollar Tree and bought some great stickers there too. 

We put a sticker on the day that he was obedient and had a "good day" and an "x" on the day that he was disobedient.

At the end of the week if he gets all stickers he'll get a treat or prize.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic image

• imagehowleyshell:
    imageluvmagoldn:

At this age we only focus on 2-3 behaviors at a time.

I put up one behavior and then skip a space before the next one.

One puts his dot next to the behavior and the other on the same day but underneath the behavior line (that's left blank)

Does that make any sense?

Yes - thanks!

My twins are 5! My baby is 3!

DS#2 - Allergic to Cashew, Pistachio, Kiwi

DS#3 - Allergic to Milk, Egg, Peanut, Tree Nuts and Sesame

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"