2nd Trimester
Options

Nicknames for Annelise

So I really like the name Annelise if we have a girl (we are team green to the end), and I think DH likes it too but he said he does not want a girl named Anna.  I never even really thought that would be a nickname, I knew a girl named Annelise and when she was little we called her Liesie/Lisi.  Anyone know of Annelise's being nicknamed Anna or Anne?  I bet there probably are but just wanted to check how common that is.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Nicknames for Annelise

• Options
    When I first read your post topic, the name that came to mind was Anna.  Sorry, I am sure that ins't what you wanted to hear.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I work with a girl named annalise and she goes by lisa.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Our good friends just named their daughter Annelise and everyone calls her Annie. But I agree with previous posts - if you use her full name or a different nickname, that's probably what she'll go by. I have a cousin named Margaret, but she's been Molly since she was born (13 years ago).
  • Options
    My niece's name is Annalise, and we call her Leisie/Lisi a lot. We have never called her Anna.
    imageimageimage

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Mother to DD, born sleeping on 9/28/11, and DS, born 3/12/13, 5lbs 13oz, 19in
  • Options
    I think you do have a lot of control over nicknames for awhile - while there is a chance of her wanting to go by Anna later, it's slim. The first thing that came to mind for me was Annie, but that's because that's my daughter's name (Anne).
  • Options
    How about Annelli? It's not very short, but is common in Spanish.
    me: 32 Mild Endo/Unexplained IF? dh: 29 TTC #1 since 2008 3 IUIs = Dec/Jan/Feb 09/10 BFN IVF #1 = BFP!!! 6/27/11 beta#1 14dp3dt=281! beta#2 17dp3dt=943! . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ?
  • Options
    You know the fun part about nn's is you end up calling them by lots of other names.  You don't have to call her Anna but you can anyway, seriously, is your husband going to be the nn police and correct you if you let Anna slip out?  Come on now.  My daughter's name is Kaitlyn, we call her Katie, Katie-Bugs, Binx, Peanut and Buggy.
  • Options
    You know if you don't want her to be called Anna then just stop people from calling her that.  My name is Melissa and my mom didn't want people calling me Missy and no one does because she corrected everyone.  When I was in school I would correct people because I was use to hearing it
  • Options
    I think of Elise as a nn rather than Anna.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I know an Annelise who goes by her full name.
  • Options
    The Annelise I know goes by Annie.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    My daughter's name is Anneliese and she has always gone by her full name since birth.  Her other nicknames are Peanut, Bunny, and Punkie Monkey.  People will tend to call her whatever you do, so if you call her Liesie, that's the nn that will stick.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    The Annelise I know goes by Anna
  • Options
    I know a little girl named Annelise and everyone calls her Lisi (LEE-see). 
  • Options
    Anna and Lizzy come to mind
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Options
    I thought of Nell, but I read Annelise with the emphasis on the second syllable, and I love Nell and Nellie as nicknames.
    -A well-tended garden is indicative of a well-tended soul.-
    image  image
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"