TTC after 35
Options

Watermelon and pineapple....what do you think?

My DH recently brought watermelon and pineapple. I was a little surprised as we don't always buy fresh fruit when we go grocery shopping. Since we are on our 7th cycle TTC, I figured I would look up to see if there was any benefits to either. This is what I found....

https://www.babyzone.com/preconceptio...aby_watermelon

Also, watermelon has substances that can increase blood flow, specifically citrulline, which the body can convert to arginine, which then gets converted to nitric oxide, which relaxes blood vessels and increases blood flow. There is some speculation the lycopene and beta carotene may also help. Increasing blood flow to the ovaries can help with egg quality. For any who wish to try this, the highest concentrations of citrulline are in the white part of the rind, but it is also in the fruit. You need to eat a LOT of watermelon to have an effect, about 3 cups a day, preferably with as much rind as possible.

Regarding pineapple, it contains an enzyme called Bromelain, that breaks up proteins that inhibit implantation of a fertilized egg. Now it is important to note that following this pineapple regime is not exclusively centered on the juicy goodness of the whole pineapple, you also have to eat the pineapple core, which contains a higher concentration of Bromelain. Now I have seen reports about not eating the pineapple meat. Would you eat the meat during the 2WW? How about the old wives tale about eating the pineapple core to help with implantation...would you eat it?

I am using a CBFM and on my 7th cycle TTC. I have only received highs from day 12 to day 16 (which is what I am on now). I had EWCM day 12 to day 15 with the majority of the EWCM being on day 13. DH and I BD'd on day 12, day 14 and plan to BD tonight. Just hoping if I do something like eating fruit, it might just help. I don't think it would hurt any. So what do you all think?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Watermelon and pineapple....what do you think?

• Options

I have heard of people doing the pineapple core while TTC.  Personally I have not tried it!  But I do think a good diet rich in veggies and fruits of all kind can help! 

GL!!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"