Pre-School and Daycare

*Cute lunch check-in*

The theme for this week was apparently "quick and easy." Nothing wrong with that! PIP your child's cute lunches here!

A friend gave me this idea. She saw it on https://kitchenfunwithmy3sons.blogspot.com/.
Waffles - homemade that I froze and defrosted in the toaster - topped with Greek yogurt and bananas. My DD normally doesn't love bananas but she ate all of this. A cherry on top would have been cute, but we were out.

Tree made from ham, celery, blueberries and cheese cubes. Snap peas and a few pretzel "butterflies" at the bottom. In the bird container is dried cranberries, and a mini blueberry muffin on the side. I made this and froze the extras - they defrost on the counter very quickly.

Fish lunch made in 2 minutes! Burrito, blueberry "ocean" with snap peas and a mini apple, with cheese cubes in the fish container.

Chicken salad in half a hotdog bun along with the staples of this week - berries, snap peas, mini apple, cheese cubes and blueberry muffin. That's what happens when you shop at Costco!

A new bento box - you can't see the lid, but it's a pig (we have the same shape box in panda and frog, too). We only used one tier of this box, but there's another layer. "Window" sandwich with sprinkle details (I made the dots with edible marker) and the scraps were cut into pig ears, with snap peas and golden tomatoes. In a muffin cup on the side are "donut" peaches.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: *Cute lunch check-in*

• You do such a great job with these.  Would you be willing to share your blueberry muffin recipe?
  • I made these a few weeks ago and honestly can't remember which recipe I used! It was either the one below or else the one in my Betty Crocker cookbook. I just cooked them in a mini muffin container and really watched the time. I didn't let them brown as I normally would because I didn't want them to be too dry after  freezing/thawing.

https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/blueberry-coffee-cake-muffins-recipe/index.html

• Loading the player...
  • Always love your posts. Have you ever thought about doing a blog or something for people to follow your lunch ideas. I love them and would totally follow you ;)
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Aww thanks, so sweet of you to say! My friends have tried to talk me into a blog (I also do lots of crafts with DD) but it's just not something I'm interested in. I get my ideas from lots of different places and I'd feel obligated to attribute it all if I had something formal like a blog! So for now I just putter along, taking pictures with the idea of someday making them into a photobook for her.
  • Cute!

I did an ice cream cone awhile back with a frozen waffle, scrambled eggs as the ice cream, and a strawberry on top. Oh, and sprinkles of course! I'll try to find a pic.

The only one I have here at work is today's breakfast, Mr. Bear. :-)

Sweet potato pancake face, ears are a couple of slices of leftover turkey meatball and strawberry slices, strawberry bowtie, colby jack cheese "snout" with hershey's kiss nose and tortilla strip mouth, marshmallow eyes with sprinkle detail, and Chinese noodle eyebrows. :-) And a side of sprinkle yogurt and fresh pineapple. 

photo c107d4aa-9909-4a33-b3bd-bd94168bd5fc.jpg

• Here's my ice cream cone! :-)

• Love love love the bear!
  • imagebrightning:
    Love love love the bear!
    Thank you! This one was a hit with DD (mostly because she got to have chocolate and marshmallows for breakfast! hehe)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"