Pre-School and Daycare

best starting preschool books?

We have The Night Before Preschool and a D.W. one, but I want or order 1 or 2 on Amazon.  Any suggestions?  I have The Kissing Hand in my cart already.  Thanks!
O 10.08 & MJ 6.10

Re: best starting preschool books?

• Llama Llama Misses Mama by Anna Dewdney
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I Love You All Day Long- not sure of the author, sorry
  • Loading the player...
  • My DS enjoyed "Maisy Goes to Preschool"
  • imagebrightning:
    Llama Llama Misses Mama by Anna Dewdney

Huge huge favorite in our house. 

Our IF journey: 1 m/c, 1 IVF with only 3 eggs retrieved yielding Dylan and a lost twin, 1 shocker unmedicated BFP resulting in Jace, 3 more unmedicated pregnancies ending in more losses.
    Total score: 6 pregnancies, 5 losses, 2 amazing blessings that I'm thankful for every single day.
  • imagehowleyshell:

imagebrightning:

Huge huge favorite in our house. 

Ditto! This is a great book! My girls also like Clifford's First School Day. They have it at Kohl's right now for $5.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Llama Llama makes me well up.  Poor sad little llama.
  • Thanks!

O 10.08 & MJ 6.10
  • imagebrightning:

I gave this one to DS as a starting school gift, and then we read it for bedtime the night before his first day.  It was great.

• I thought Wemberly Worried was a good one, especially for a child who may be nervous about starting. 

And another vote for Llama Llama Misses Mama! 

DD1, 1/5/2008 ~~~ DD2, 3/17/2010
  • Be careful when choosing books.  Don't pick anything with worries your LO doesn't already have!  I realized we were reading a ton of 1st day of school books and they were all about being scared.  DD isn't at all, but was starting to think she was supposed to be!  We can't them altogether and just talk about what she wants to learn instead (Mainly, she says she wants to learn to drive a garbage truck!)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm a preschool teacher and I read What To Expect At Preschool on the first day of school.
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"