Potty Training
Options

Daycare and PT'ing?

DS is in daycare 4 weekdays for a half day in the late am/afternoons. I want to start PT and he seems ready. He asks to go poop on the potty, has interest in his potty and will sit on it. A couple times he has pooped a teeny bit even. My friends say summer is a great time to let them run around diaperless for PT'ing but if consistancy is important how would this work if he is going to daycare in the late am? Our daycare is on board with helping to PT - do I speak to them about what they think would work? I know there are other moms out here who are in this situation and I *hope* some of you can give me some advice and tips.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Daycare and PT'ing?

• Options
    I would talk to the daycare teachers. I worked at a daycare and potty trained 2 year olds. We did not allow pull ups, as they prolonged the process. We did underwear all day no matter what except naptime and dealt with the accidents. It sounds messy, but I actually preferred that because within 2 weeks the child was potty trained. No kid likes sitting in cold, wet underwear :D Not sure if that helps much, but I am sure they are willing to try whatever you are doing at home. PS I loved parents like you who were completely on board and open to their kids going diaperless all day. :D
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    DD's current room at daycare takes them to the bathroom every 2 hours just even to start getting used to the potty, etc. When I thought DD was ready for full training/underwear, I did talk to the teachers about it to see what they thought. They felt she was ready and said they would work with her more if needed and to bring additional clothing changes (they request 5 changes when PTing; 2 changes otherwise). I waited about 2 weeks to get DD ready too and then started sending her in underwear.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 4/9/09 - Chloe, our angel twin Lilypie First Birthday tickers>
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Definitely ask the daycare what they usually do for PTing. You want to be keeping some level of consistency between home and daycare, I think.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"