Pre-School and Daycare

How many kids vs. teachers in class?

My son's 4 year old preK class has 18 kids and 1 teacher and 1 aide. What is the ratio if your childs class?

Rowen Alexander born 10 weeks early 1/28/07

www.4wquestions.blogspot.com

Re: How many kids vs. teachers in class?

• 15, 1 teacher and 1 aide

3YO PreK

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My son's class has 10 kids enrolled with one teacher and an aide.  Their class can have a limit of 15 kids. Sometimes they get new kids during the school year (Catholic school).
    BabyFruit TickerLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers image image
  • Loading the player...
  • griffin's class had 17 kids and 2 teachers.
    I used to be Goldie_locks_5 but the new nest is so screwed up that I was forced to start over.
    imageimage
  • DD's 4 y/o PreK has 20 kids and 2 teachers.  It is at its maximum and no other children will be added unless someone leaves.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • DD has 9 kids, 1 teacher, and 1 aid.  The max for k3 at her school is 10 kids per class.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • DD's class last year was 15 kids: 2 teachers + 1 aide.

This year I know the #s go up but I'm not sure what exactly. I know for sure 2 teachers and I think 18 kids.

CP 3/07
    BFP 5/07 - Kylie born 2/08.       BPF 2/09 - Alexandra born 10/09.
    TTC since 8/13 - diagnosed difficulty conceiving due to LP defect. Took vitamin B and Vitex Berry to help lengthen.
    BFP 2/14 - Missed M/C found at 8.5 weeks. D&C at 9w2d. Partial Molar Pregnancy.
    BFP 11/14
  • 4 kids per adult.  There are 11 kids and 3 teachers.  It is a special type of program though.
    Mom to Harmon 1/17/08 and twins Rachel & Callum 8/28/09 Photobucket 29o0v13.jpg
  • DS' school has a cap of 15/class.  The big class has 13 w/1 teacher and 1 aide.  The smaller class has 7 w/1 teacher.  I don't know where the threshold is for adding the aide though.

• 13 kids - one teacher, one aid.

My twins are 5! My baby is 3!

DS#2 - Allergic to Cashew, Pistachio, Kiwi

DS#3 - Allergic to Milk, Egg, Peanut, Tree Nuts and Sesame

• 2 teachers(one is the main teacher) with 20 kids.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • DS's prek has a max of 21 kids and 3 teachers.

I taught pre-k while I was in college and I had 16 alone.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • This was a selling point of our preschool, and I pay more than other preschools, but it is worth it to me forthe class sizes. 2s class 8 to 1, 3s class 10 to 1, pre-k 10 to 1, kinder 12 to 1
  • One lead teacher, one assistant teacher and 12 kids.  The class will probably grow to no more than 15 kids before the end of the school year.  
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • He'll be in the "young 3's" class.

13 kids, 1 teacher, 1 aide and the school has 1 floater that helps as needed in different classrooms.

• Last year in preK 4 DS had 15 kids and 2 teachers. 
  • Ds is in preK-3 (three year old class). They have 1 lead teacher and 2 assistant teachers (all have education degrees) for 30 kids so a 1:10 ratio. His "young 3" class had a limit of 18 kids with two teachers for a ratio of 1:9.
  • preK-3, 20 students, 1 teacher, 1 aide
    How to tell my boys apart

The different types of twins and triplets

Jack, Sydney and Carynne, Annaleigh, JW, Eden...forever in our hearts.
    My blog * We made the national news!
  • 9:1 in DD's 4 yr class as well.  (18 kids total).  I think it's fine.  Good prep for KG, IMO. 
    DS1 age 7, DD age 5 and DS2 born 4/3/12
  • My DS goes to a Lutheren prek and last year (the 3 yo class) there were 2 teachers, 1 aide and the director that lead devotion, plus "Pastor" that came in for special occasions, etc.. so he had 5 regular "teachers".  This year will be basically the same except the 4 yo class does their devotion in the chapel with "Pastor"..

12-15 kids total... i feel its a really nice ratio and that i get what a pay for :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"