Pre-School and Daycare

Help, does your prek'r take a nap?

Before Prek started Rowen would take a nap about 80% of the time. When he naps, he naps hard, for like 2 hours! But then it's hard to get him to sleep at night. Now he is exhausted when he comes home from school (8:30-2) He is so grouchy that there is no way I can hold off on a nap.

If we cut out the nap he is a bear. If he naps he doesn't go to bed early. Oh and when I wake him up from a nap he litterally will not get up.. Any advice?

Rowen Alexander born 10 weeks early 1/28/07

www.4wquestions.blogspot.com

Re: Help, does your prek'r take a nap?

• DS's school doesn't do naps.  They have a prek 3 & 4 class, and they don't do naps.  He's outgrowing it anyway, and next year I'm going to stop forcing him to take one.
    BabyFruit TickerLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers image image
  • Sounds a lot like my 3 year old. I'm at a loss as to what to do with him too. 
    P - 9/2008
    A - 8/2010
    L - 1/2013
    S - 3/2015
  • Loading the player...
  • We just wake Harmon up after a while.  Make sure it doesn't last too long so his bedtime is not messed up.
    Mom to Harmon 1/17/08 and twins Rachel & Callum 8/28/09 Photobucket 29o0v13.jpg
  • We are in the same exact place.

Our daycare (DS1 goes to PreK3 in the AM then to daycare) has a nap after lunch. So, its a fight to get him to bed at night but if he doesn't nap he is a pill in the evenings!!!  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Sounds like he still needs a nap if he's grouchy without one.  I'd let him nap but make it a short one.  Maybe 45 minutes.  Try making it "fun" to wake up by giving him a soft children-type alarm clock or an alarm that he can choose from your cell phone clock.  (Nothing frightening or too loud, though.)  He may find feeling and acting like a grown-up with an alarm exciting and the wake up call may be fun for him.  
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Mine naps some of the time but typically not for more than an hour.  Most days she just has quiet time - in her room and she has some books she reads.  They do this at her PreK program everydaty for 2 hours so she is very used to it.
    Jenni Mom to DD#1 - 6-16-06 DD#2 - 3-13-08 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"