Natural Birth
Options

GBS+ prevention going to give me a cold! help!

Im going to bring this up with my midwife next week, but thought you ladies might have a suggestion...Im on a probiotic/garlic/Vit C/Echinacea regime to help prevent testing positive, the last three nights I have forgotten to take my second dose of Vit C before bed, and have woken up with a sore throat and more stuffed up than normal.

I am all paranoid now that once I do my test and stop taking all this stuff, or if I keep taking it all right till I give birth (like my midwife wants), that as soon as I come off it all, I am going to get a bad head cold. (The reason I think this is because back when I was planning my wedding, I took Cold FX to prevent me from getting sick during the planning and the wedding itself, and the day after I stopped taking it I got the worst head cold I have ever had!)

Being sick right at the end of this pregnancy, or when I have a newborn, would be awful! This is why I hate taking any sort of supplement.

Any suggestions??!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
My frugal living & home management blog: Not A Coupon Queen Blog

Re: GBS+ prevention going to give me a cold! help!

• Options
    Supplements don't cause colds. Sorry you're feeling crummy! My yoga teacher once told me she had a horrible cold while in labor with one of her kids, and the cold was pretty quickly forgotten once contractions really got going. hth
    DS1 - Feb 2008

DS2 - Oct 2010 (my VBAC baby!)

• Options

Colds are caused by viruses and cannot be staved off by taking vitamin C and garlic.

Wash your hands, get as much rest as you can and eat properly.  Good luck.

promised myself I'd retire when I turned gold, and yet here I am
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Not that I have a lot of advice for you, but just wanted to give you encouragement if you DO happen to be sick during labor - I was sick with a sore throat/head cold for 4 days leading up to DD's birth and was blowing my nose and coughing in between contractions... I was still sick the whole first week of DD's life and honestly the worst part for me was not being able to smell my new baby! Trust me you'll have so much to think about and take care of after birth, your throat & runny nose will be far from your mind :) Also, if you BF while you are sick, your baby will be getting all the antibodies to help fight your infection so chances of  baby getting sick are slim :) 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Ditto PPs.  And I had an awful cold when DS was born.  I wish I had put some kind of cold medication in my bag for the hospital because it was a PITA to get anything while I was there.

~Working Mom~Breastfeeding Mom~Cloth Diapering Mom~BLW Mom~

Blog - No Longer on the DL ~ The Man Cave
    Shawn and Larissa
    LO #1 - Took 2 years and 2 IVFs ~ DX - severe MFI mild PCOS homozygous MTHFR (a1298c)
    LO #2 - TTC 7 months, surprise spontaneous BFP!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"