Special Needs
Options

5 Month old hitting herself SO HARD!!

I can't even believe that I am posting on the Special Needs board -- but, I am very worried about this behavior. I am sure that I am over reacting...my LO is only 5 months old.

Recently she has begun violently punching herself repetitively in the abdomen with both hands in a clenched fist when she is excited or over tired. She does it about 5-6 times and then does it again. I honestly am shocked that she is not bruised yet.

It is not like she has a belly ache - it is a reaction to something.

Please share your experiences.....

Re: 5 Month old hitting herself SO HARD!!

• Options
    I wish I could help...just wanted to say hang in there. Sorry I am useless :-(
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• Options

I don't any experience with this type of behavior, but this sentence made me feel kinda sad.

imagePoppywedding:

I can't even believe that I am posting on the Special Needs board --

I know you didn't mean to hurt feelings, but you should try and think about your audience. None of us want to believe we are posting here either.....

WAY 2 Cool 4 School

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageAssembly_Reqd:

I don't any experience with this type of behavior, but this sentence made me feel kinda sad.

imagePoppywedding:

I know you didn't mean to hurt feelings, but you should try and think about your audience. None of us want to believe we are posting here either.....

Thanks AR for saying what I am sure many of us felt upon opening this post.

• Options
    imageAssembly_Reqd:

imagePoppywedding:

thank you for putting it much kinder than I was going to.  I started typing a response and then just closed the browser.

To my boys:  I will love you for you Not for what you have done or what you will become I will love you for you I will give you the love The love that you never knew
  • Options
    imageToastieSimons:
    imageAssembly_Reqd:

imagePoppywedding:

thank you for putting it much kinder than I was going to.  I started typing a response and then just closed the browser.

Me, too!

• Options
    Regardless of your lack of tact, you should probably make an appointment with her pediatrician.
  • Options

try and get a video of her doing it and show it to her pedi.....

ETA: Based on the responses you got from the 3-6 month board this seems to be a typical behavior. A lot of us never see typical. We'd be sending you to a neurologist, developmental pediatrician, GI doctor, nutrtionist, yada, yada....So be careful what you ask for around these partsWink

WAY 2 Cool 4 School

• Options
    Regardless of the normalcy of this action, my daughter did it, and continues to do it sometimes and she is 22 months old. It's how she shows her excitement b/c she can't verbally communicate that to us.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"