Canada Babies

Dropping in...From mama-to-be to all you fellow canadians

Very excited to of found this board.Better late then never...I am currently browsing and posting on the December 2011 board. My EDD is Dec 1st. Looks like an early x-mas gift for the DH and I... So sick and tired of the 2nd trimester board. Makes me crazy all the ridiculous questions. A little advice, if your pregnant and hormonal, don't check out the 1st trimester board...Some women are so far and beyond, you wonder why they decided to pro-create....Haha

Just wanted to say hello to all my fellow Canadian mamas or mamas-to-be. Hope everyone is doing well. Are any of you lurkers or posters on the Dec 2011 board. I'd love to chat :) or keep my eye open for your posts.

Blake in BW 6 months Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 1RememberingMiloJuly1st2012

Re: Dropping in...From mama-to-be to all you fellow canadians

• Hello and welcome! there are really only 4 of us active on this board and 3 of us aren't KU yet.

Where in Canada are you from?

•    I'm currently living in Northern Alberta. But I'm from BC. French Canadian though so I have tons of family around Ontario/Quebec border and farther into the Qc.

How bout yourself?

• Loading the player...
  • Ahh the West Coast is great! The 4 of us are Ontarians.. Southwestern Ontario to be exact.. ranging from Kitchener area to St. Catharine's
  • Welcome Smile I'm from Southern Ontario. MH and I are both French Canadians. MH speaks french fluently, I alas do not. My dad's dad is frencher than french but he never taught my dad french so it was never passed down unfortunately.

• Well thanks, That's a first, usually east easterner's aren't big fans of the west coast. Perhaps that is just those from PEI and NFLD...So out of the 4 of you, only one is KU so far? Takes time doesn't it...Do you already have a family started?
  • I'm TTC #1, this is only my first cycle so we'll see how long it takes! I'm super impatient so I hope not long.. lol
  • I'm still in the TTA stage yet however it's not cautiously done so if it happens in the mean time. We are waiting till November b/c it's just better timing wise for us. This will be our first.

• Thanks for the welcome :) Super cool to hear from my fellow patriots. My board is full of Americans. Super nice but when I get a chance to chat with you ladies, it's like home away from home. My mother and step father recently just moved to Australia and my father is in Ottawa
  • Sending you good baby making chi! Just don't stress about it too much. The more it's just fun and games the sooner they say it happens. And I agree it is best to wait until you feel the timing is right. When you know you're at a place in life that is good for you, things seem to go alot smoother
  • We decided to TTGP when we did, because doctors told me it may not be an easy task. The odds were against both of us. I may have endo which they cannot tell me I do unless I go in for surgery, I do not have late stage of endo though according to my OBGYN. And my man had spinal meningitis as a young boy, which causes infertility. We figure we better get the ball rolling so if need be, we had time for IVF later on and also adoption. This has been a huge life experience for both of us. First timers too. We were so thrilled to conceive, and baby has stuck, so that is even more exciting!
  • Welcome Frosty!  I'm the KU one, and I as the other said I'm in Southern Ontario, Hamilton to be exact.  And I agree, the 1st Tri board is whack.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Welcome Frosty! We need more Canadians on our board! I'm the 4th person on the board so it appears you've now met us all! I'm in Southern Ontario, close to Raynes, in Brantford. I've skimmed 1st and am pretty sure I won't ever go there lol Too many crazies!
    Me: 32 / H: 35
    Married 9-19-2009
    Baby Karrot 1.0 - 6.18.2012 - She's here! Via C-section @ 38 weeks.
    Baby Karrot 2.0 -
    6.25.2015 - He's here! Via VBAC @ 36 weeks.
    Baby Karrot 3.0 - 3.9.2017 - BFP @ 9 DPO! EDD 11.20.2017 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Nice meeting you both! And congrats to other KU Canadian mama. And Agreed, I don't think I even signed up for the bump that early. I went straight to 2nd trimester. Honestly, I didn't do anything or tell anyone until I was in the safe zone. Very cool to of met all of you. I will deff be posting on here every so often, As long as you guys are interested ;)

• Frosty, Of course you are welcome to continue to post here!!! =) Keep us updated on your pregnancy. Are you Team Green, Team Blue or Team Pink? When I get pregnant I'm definitely finding out =)

•    Well megs, we decided to be team green, and have stuck to our word so far. Temptation was pretty high when we went in for our 20 week anatomy scan. But afterward, the weight was lifted off our shoulders. Some of our family aren't so supportive while others are very excited for the surprise. Since our families don't live close to us, we feel like sharing the surprise when LO is born all at the same time, gives everyone something to look forward to. All equally. Both me and my man also like surprises...so that helps keep us on the right track!

• Good for you Frosty. I give anyone that can wait till the birth Kudos. I won't be able to wait that long. My gf is waiting to find out till the birth.. she and her hubby have been tempted to find out but have stuck to their guns. I'm not much for surprises... it depends what they are. I like to be prepared so I'd want to find out.

• imageFrostycake2011:
    Well thanks, That's a first, usually east easterner's aren't big fans of the west coast. Perhaps that is just those from PEI and NFLD...So out of the 4 of you, only one is KU so far? Takes time doesn't it...Do you already have a family started?

Hi from PEI.

I don't know what to say about this generalization. I've lived in Atlantic Canada (what we call "east easterners") my whole life and I have never heard anyone say that they don't like the west coast. A lot of us have never seen it because it costs $1,000 to fly there so we have no idea what its like to be able to hate it. Not to mention every winter we lose quite a numerous amount of workers on PEI and NFLD to the oil fields. I can see all the women hating it cause they don't see their men for 6+ months a year.

So in the end I guess I have heard nothing but beautiful things about BC and Alberta. I traveled to Calgary/Banff/Edmonton when I was 12 and had such an amazing time. DH's parents are currently in BC and I am so jealous; would love to see it some day.

Don't think we all don't like the west coast....Sending lots of love from the east coast!! Big Smile

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • SMann, we share the same wedding day!
  • imagerocky_star:
    SMann, we share the same wedding day!

Yay! Happy Belated 1st Anniversary! :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"