Ohio Babies

Ohio Babymoons!

edited July 2021 in Ohio Babies

Is anyone going on or or has gone on one?

We're expecting #1 in early December and want to plan a get away in early or mid October.  We're open to pretty much the entire state of Ohio - anything within 3 hours drive of Columbus for one or two nights.

I haven't been able to find much online and would love suggestions!

~Catie I.~ Baby due December 11, 2011!

Re: Ohio Babymoons!

• Are you using babymoon as search criteria? 

Some great getaways are cabins/cottages either at Lake Erie or on Ohio Department of Natural Resources website.  There is a bed and breakfast that we like around Mohican State Park (1 hr north).  Also there are a couple of bed and breakfasts in the Amish country (Dover area). Unfortunately, we didn't do a babymoon, we had too many weddings last year (five between August and November) before DD was born in January. 

Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • There are nice cabins at Hocking Hills (Old Man's Cave is my favorite part). There are a ton of cabin rental places. The link above is one that I have stayed at.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I agree the Hocking Hills, but I may be Bias since I do live here!  There are many cabins, bed and breakfasts, and state parks to go to.  The best part is that it is only an hour from Columbus, I make the commute everyday for work.  Hopefully you make it down, it is beautiful in the Fall!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We live about 45 minutes from Hocking Hills but have ruled it out because it looks like we'll only be able to get away for 1 night and are planning to go in October and just about everyone there at that time of year requires 2 night stay and the prices go up at that time of year.

Ideally we'd like to go some place where there are things to do - we love museums and local history.  We were in the Sandusky area in April for our anniversary and although the B&B was great there was nothing to do because everything was closed for the off season.

~Catie I.~ Baby due December 11, 2011!
  • Last year in October we went to Put-in-Bay. You can get some good room rates there in October because its close to the end of the season. Also it was not packed like in the summer. However most of what we did involved drinking... winerys bars etc. However it was fun to ride around on the golf cart with the hubby while exploring the island. Still it was fun to get away, we stayed at an awesome Bed and Breakfast. Bodee's Bungalow. I think they require 2 nights though. We just went to Hocking Hills this weekend also another great trip. Mochian area is nice as well. Most cabins require more than one night stay though. Ohio is an awesome state. GL
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"