Pre-School and Daycare

parent night or fantasy football draft? Help me

So...my hubby and I have parents night for my son's preschool. It's really his first year there, but he was at the school for 3 months last spring for his developemental delay.  He has a new teacher this year. This date has been on the calendar since July1.  Hubby just told me that his ever so important Fantasty football draft is the same night and time.  My hubby does not get out much, so to "be with the guys" is a treat! He wants to go to the draft and I want him to come with my to parent night (which...we missed last year at his old school since we were on vacation)....

Do I go alone and let him go and stop making a big deal about this, or beg him to go?

Thanks

Re: parent night or fantasy football draft? Help me

• Eh, I would split up.  If this is his one thing I wouldn't make a big deal out of it.  

DH went with me to parent orientation last year but he probably won't go this year.  To me it's more important that he be there on the first day of school.

My twins are 5! My baby is 3!

DS#2 - Allergic to Cashew, Pistachio, Kiwi

DS#3 - Allergic to Milk, Egg, Peanut, Tree Nuts and Sesame

• Well, Dh and I don't like football so I'd say go to the parent night.
    BabyFruit TickerLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers image image
  • Loading the player...
  • imageluvmagoldn:

Eh, I would split up.  If this is his one thing I wouldn't make a big deal out of it.  

This.  I did both of my kids in school alone this year, tagging along my toddler.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We'd probably split up and do our own things.  I've asked DH to change plans for school things before and then the event turned out to be not a big deal, so now he just asks how important it is.  I've done most of the "school" stuff by myself just because my schedule is more flexible and it hasn't been a big deal. 
  • I'd let him go.
    DD~6 years old~born June 6, 2008 (1st grade)
    DS~4 years old~born November 6, 2010 (1st year of preschool)
  • I'd let him go to FF. You missed last year and survived right?

Maybe you an set up another time for him to see his school and meet the teacher, if he really wants to...

• I would send him to the draft and you go to parent night.  Sorry but its preschool parent night and honestly, as long as one of you is there - that is fine.  If you drag your DH - you are going to wish he was alone!!!
    Jenni Mom to DD#1 - 6-16-06 DD#2 - 3-13-08 
  • Just go to parent night yourself- if it was a one-on-one conference to talk about your child's needs that would be one thing but its a Pre-K Open House.   You will be able to share all the information.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I would go alone. ;) I go alone usually to most of these events because he is home with the kids.  Plus, I love to go and he doesn't-boring to him (bad, I know).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"