Pre-School and Daycare

*Cute lunch check-in*

Keep your expectations low this week! Nothing here is very cute at all! But I guess that's a good lesson, because even though I wasn't impressed by anything I did, my child still ate lunch every day and life went on as usual! It's only food!

The best of the week. A Hello Kitty-shaped sandwich (cookie cutter from Party City) with mini chocolate chip eyes and a chocolate-covered sunflower seed for the nose. Tomatoes on picks, stacks of mini cucumbers, I was going for a bow theme with the raspberries in heart-shaped cups, and a mini box of raisins. This was packed in a metal pencil case I found in the back-to-school section at Target.

DD wanted to help with her lunch on this day, so she chose all the accessories. Leftover spaghetti and cucumbers in the main dish, blueberries on the side, a heart container with Parmesan cheese for sprinkling on the spaghetti, a box of raisins and a marshmallow on a ring pick.

This lunch was the surprise hit of the week. DD loved spreading the peanut butter on the apples! Celery, strawberry, raspberries, half a sandwich and a fruit chewy. I threw in a few elephant picks at the end, but otherwise this took zero extra time.

Not cute and ::gasp!:: the cheese ripped on Mickey's ear. But I'm posting this because it was a really fun little snack to bring on a playdate this week. A sandwich for each girl, berries and tomatoes to share, and it was packed tight enough that it looked exactly the same when we got there. This was also packed in another metal pencil case found in the back-to-school section at Target for maybe $3.

Anyone else have cute lunches to share? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: *Cute lunch check-in*

• Holy moly, you put me to shame. I just stick a goldfish-shaped sandwich (store-bought) in DD's lunch bag along with a small tupperware container of fruit. Sadly, her summer camp doesn't allow lunch boxes because they take up too much space in the fridge.

Where did you get the heart-shaped cups and the elephant picks?

Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • The heart-shaped cups are from my grocery store. I think they're by Wilton, and I purchased them around Valentine's Day.

The elephant picks are from allthingsforsale.com 

• Loading the player...
  • I actually did pack the boys lunches yesterday and today, but I haven't made them cute yet. Baby steps! But I put all my new picks and cups and stuff into a bin so hopefully I'll be inspired to use them. Thursday's the big day (first day of school, so first "real" day of packing lunches) so I'm going to make the lunches cute, for sure.

It just kills me because they don't eat ANYTHING. I hope this helps. I really do!

How to tell my boys apart

The different types of twins and triplets

Jack, Sydney and Carynne, Annaleigh, JW, Eden...forever in our hearts.
    My blog * We made the national news!
  • Good luck on Thursday!

If it helps, this is the type of container that I use for sorting all of our picks and stuff:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000E39T50/ref=s9_simh_gw_p200_d0_g200_i1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=0GKN0KM1ERFYGA69DAT0&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470938631&pf_rd_i=507846

Sorry, it won't let me PIP. But it's just a tackle box with adjustable dividers that I found at Walmart. It's helpful to have everything where I can see it and don't have to dig.

• the lunches are very cute but are the pencil boxes food safe?   I bought a cute little metal container at AC Moore(craft store) a few months ago that I thought would be great for small lunches/snacks and I was washing it before using it, I found a small sticker that said it was not food safe. 
  • I also checked for that on the bottom of my box before I used it, and it didn't say anything about not using for food. It did say it was stainless steel, which is safe in my book. From what I have read, unless the steel is in some way damaged - dinged or pitted - then it should be safe.

However, i wouldn't heat anything up in the container because I don't know anything about the paint on the opposite side of the box. Even with plastics, I generally reheat the food in a ceramic ramekin and then transfer it to the container that I'm using. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"