Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

Baby Jogger Select and Chicco Keyfit 30?

I have the Baby Jogger City Select and the Chicco Keyfit 30 infant seat.  I bought the Chicco adaptor bar for the City Select but it does not snap onto the Keyfit 30.

Does anyone know which of the Baby Jogger adaptors will work with the City Select and a Chicco Keyfit 30?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Baby Jogger Select and Chicco Keyfit 30?

• Options

There is only one adapter that works.

I think it also has a strap to make it totally secure.  Judging by the reviews on Amazon, people have some ideas as to how to make it snap in.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    it does not snap at all. we have the city select and actually returned the chicco car seat adaptor b/c we couldn't figure it out! now since I've met quite a few moms with it (who love it) so I've seen the system working up close, and it definitely does not snap in place. it just sits on the bar and you have a strap that goes over it too for extra security. I saw a city select the other day with two chicco car seats on it for twins! right now I just use the snap n go with my chicco. when I have baby #2 I will get the adaptor again to use for the chicco and the seat for the older one
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have this stroller and carseat.  It does not really snap.  It makes a snap sound but it is NOT secure without the straps.  You have to buy the adapter for the Chicco.  The Baby Jogger City Select makes two adapters...one for Graco and everyone else and then a separate one for the Chicco. 
  • Options
    I have the Baby Jogger City Mini and my Keyfit 30 does snap in place and is secure without the strap. Isn't it the same adapter for both?
  • Options

We have the BJCS and were going to get the Keyfit 30 for DD (we got rid of DS's a while ago), but just for fun, we decided to try out the adaptor at Buy Buy Baby with our stroller to make sure we liked it (after I had read all of the bad reviews on Amazon).

We played with it for a solid 30 minutes, worked with their car seat tech to make sure we were using it correctly, and even had the Amazon reviews open while we were playing with it so that we could follow the directions of those who said they got it to work, and we HATED it. We were able to "lift the entire stroller just by pulling on the carseat" as a few Amazon reviews said, but, if you shifted the seat backwards/forwards or to the side at all (as in a few centimeters), the seat would pop right out.

I'm so glad we went and tried it out because we decided to go with the Peg Perego car seat and the universal adapter and it truly clicks in place and has to be released by pushing the button on the car seat. I would not have felt comfortable using the Chicco carseat with that adapter.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"