Pre-School and Daycare

What to do with DD during Ball Game?

My DH rsvp'd the whole family for a baseball game and tailgate thing sponsored by his work.  I'm mortified.  It's too hot (93), too long (10am to at least 3pm), and baseball is so boring I'd rather have dental work.  And even if I was interested in baseball, I'm sure my DD won't be for long.  Anyone have any ideas for things I could bring to entertain her?  Stuff to do while trapped in the stands with beer drinking loud-mouths (DH's coworkers)???  TIA!
Doriimage
"Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..."

Miracle DD born 12.2005
TTC #2 since Dec 2008 w/ PCOS
***P/SAIF Always Welcome***

Keep it Natural, Baby!

Re: What to do with DD during Ball Game?

• In your shoes I'd take a separate car and leave once DD was over it.

That way DH can show you both off, check the "yes I have an amazing family" box and still enjoy the function. 

Our IF journey: 1 m/c, 1 IVF with only 3 eggs retrieved yielding Dylan and a lost twin, 1 shocker unmedicated BFP resulting in Jace, 3 more unmedicated pregnancies ending in more losses.
    Total score: 6 pregnancies, 5 losses, 2 amazing blessings that I'm thankful for every single day.
  • JMayJMay member
    I LOVE it!  And you know, if we're there the whole time, his coworkers might get a chance to see how not-amazing we actually are... LOL
    Doriimage
    "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..."

Miracle DD born 12.2005
    TTC #2 since Dec 2008 w/ PCOS
    ***P/SAIF Always Welcome***

Keep it Natural, Baby!
  • Loading the player...
  • At Hobby Lobby they sell a "paint with water" book that has a refillable pen (so you don't have to have water and a paint brush and the color disappears after 10 minutes meaning you don't run out of pages.  Rachel loved it for the airplane when we traveled.
    Mom to Harmon 1/17/08 and twins Rachel & Callum 8/28/09 Photobucket 29o0v13.jpg
  • Is it an MLB game? Some of the newer stadiums have a kids area, whether it's a play area, slide, games, etc. Maybe check out the website to see what they have to offer. Or, I'd go with the PP suggestion of driving separately. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagefranciscaz:
    At Hobby Lobby they sell a "paint with water" book that has a refillable pen (so you don't have to have water and a paint brush and the color disappears after 10 minutes meaning you don't run out of pages.  Rachel loved it for the airplane when we traveled.

Ooh, what brand is it/what is it called?  I would love to get this for my DD.  We have her first plane ride coming up in a couple of weeks and I'm super nervous...I need to get a couple of things to entertain her. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"