April 2011 Moms
Options

How is your baby napping?

I think my daughter takes after her mama and hates napping. I always have. She is awake most of the day with short half hour naps here and there (maybe three times a day) but for the most part she is awake. If I put her down in her crib to nap (either awake or after she has drifted) she usually wakes up crying within 20 minutes if not less. She is rock star about going down for the night but fights naps tooth and nail. For the most part she still naps in her swing since she'll get the longest nap there but I'd really like to transition away from that.

What kind of schedules are your LOs on and what helped you with napping?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Someone's getting a little brother!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: How is your baby napping?

• Options
    My LO seems to be transitioning to two long (2+ hour) and two short 30 minute naps per day.  He's also a rockstar about going to sleep at night.  I just try to read his signals and put him down for a nap before he gets overtired and fussy.  We also still swaddle him for naps.
    Chase was born 4/23/2011
    Carlene was born 4/18/2014                          A14 siggy challenge:  Junk Food
    image  image image

• Options
    DS sleeps when he is tired.some days he oes catnaps. Other days he does linger naps.right now I'm not going o push anything as long as he seems happy. He sleeps great at night so I feel great about that.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Naps...what are those?
  • Options

DD loves to fight naps. We got a 2 hour nap out of her today after she cried/fussed off and on for an hour. She is always obviously tired, but she seems like she is afraid she's going to miss something. My friend told me that babies go through mental growth spurts when they fight naps. I'm hoping that he's right.

• Options

imageScout05:
    Naps...what are those?

Yup.

• Options
    Since my little guy went to daycare, he generally naps no longer than an hour a day. Of course, then when he comes home, he wants to sleep for two hours. When we are home on the weekends we can get a nice long nap in, as long as he is in his swing. We are trying to incorporate the crib more during the day, but haven't gotten longer than an hour out of that.
  • Options

We do morning nap in crib, and afternoon and evening naps in the swing.

Up until yesterday that AM nap in the crib was 40-45min long.  Yesterday morning he took a 1 1/2 hr nap!!  And did the same this morning!!  I think he might be ready to do all naps in the crib, but I'm such a chicken.  I'll give it a try in the next couple days.

I tried cold turkey (no swing) 9 days ago, and it sucked big time.  The child refused to sleep from 12:30pm - 8:30pm.  Brutal.  But now I think he might be ready. 

Photobucket Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    My DD is not taking long naps either, but she sleeps through the night, so I am thankful for that. After she wakes up she usually goes back down an hour later and will sleep for an hour, maybe two. After that, the few naps she takes are only 30-40 mins. She wakes up fussy after some of her naps too, so I know she probably needs more sleep, but she refuses to go back to sleep.
  • Options
    Olivia is a napper, she will nap 3 hours in the am if I don't wake her for story time, and 3 or 4 hours in the afternoon.  She goes to bed between 9:30 10:30pm and sleeps until about 6:00-7:00am then goes back to sleep for awhile.
                                                 Mom to 4 wonderful daughters
                                 Breanna, Ellie and 
                                 our 2 rainbow babies.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    DD used to be fabulous at napping but about 4 days ago she went on a napping strike.  Yesterday was a battle most of the day to try to get her to sleep and it was miserable - she was sooooo tired (rubbing eyes, crying, sad face :( but would only fall asleep for about 20 minutes at a time).  Ah well.
    bfp 4/8/2010, m/c 4/16/2010
    bfp 7/31/2010, dd born 4/2011
    bfp 2/7/2014, edd 10/19/2014, m/c 2/25/2014
    bfp 5/22/2014, edd 1/27/2015, MMC 6/30/2014, D&C 7/8/2014
  • Options
    We were getting into a really nice routine of a nap around 9 or 10 for 45 min to an hr or more, then another around noon for about 2 hrs, then a catnap around 4:30 for about 30 minutes... but that ended about 5 days ago, when she started fighting every nap screaming and crying. Now when we finally get her down for one, she sleeps 30-45 minutes then is up again and fussy in an hour or less because she didn't get enough sleep. It's been a long 5 days. Luckily she's still sleeping decently at night, but she's started waking up at 5:30 and refusing to go back to sleep, so we be crazy tired around here.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"