Pre-School and Daycare
Options

What are you doing with your 4 y.o.?

We're getting bored.  I'll also post similar toddlers, so sorry if you see it 2x.  I feel like we're never doing anything new and fun.  Keep in mind I'm a SAHM with 3 kids, so I can't take them to the pool or anything by myself, it's been 100 degrees around here lately, and we live in the middle of nowhere (so I'm looking for indoor activities).  TIA.

Re: What are you doing with your 4 y.o.?

• Options
    Harm is in an amazing pre-k program that runs through the school year.  He did a summer camp but we have had him home now for a few weeks and it is rough on him.  I'm lucky b/c the twins are more mobile than last year but we still have to stave off cabin fever.  One thing either I or my nanny does (I work from home full time) is plan a daily art activity when the other kids are asleep.  We paint,  make clay, bake together, etc.  The main thing is for one hour he has some one on one time in a really interactive activity.  We got some idea books from Barnes and Nobles and that is where we get most of our crafting ideas.
    Mom to Harmon 1/17/08 and twins Rachel & Callum 8/28/09 Photobucket 29o0v13.jpg
  • Options

We are in the same situation. Luckily, preschool starts in three weeks, so DS1 will be busy soon enough.

I'll have three kids soon.  Third is due next month, but then winter comes making it worse for entertaining a toddler and baby.  

You can do craft projects, go to indoor play places, have playdates. 

BabyFruit TickerLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers image image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I take all 3 kids to the lake or pool myself. I've been doing it for the past 2 years. This year, it's been very easy for me - they all walk, can help tote stuff and listen to me! LOL!

My girls are in summer camp, but it's half day, so I have all 3 the rest of the day. We do crafts, play outside in our swingset, set up the baby pool and slip n slide, chalk art outside, ride bikes and trikes, bubble machine, etc.

So much to do!!!! 

Also, none of my kids nap, so I can be out and about all day.......the more I wear them out during the day, the faster they go to sleep at night! 

image Mommy to Barbara 11/8/05, Elisabeth 5/13/07, Loukas 12/23/08 and Lazarus 09/25/12
  • Options

Every summer I make a "To-Do' List.  It keeps us from getting bored! I will copy and paste, sorry it is so long!

Go on a bike ride 

Pirate Day,  homemade eye patch, treasure hunt and treasure chest

Have a picnic 

Build a fort

Make spaghetti and meatballs and watch Lady and the Tramp

Go on a treasure hunt                                                                                    

Make hand/footprint art  

Make a veil and have a wedding day

Make old coins shiny w/ salt & vinegar 

Make marshmallow shooters

Make an obstacle course

Cut out and make a collage of favorite summer things

Wash cars and bikes

Paint cement with water

Squirt bottle tag

Make slime

Freeze things in ice and dig them out

Take care of our garden

Memorize a scripture

Do school book activities

Craft day

Magnetic fishing

Read books

Learn to spell  and write our last name

Set up a lemonade stand

Swim lessons

Tee-ball

Make popsicles

Create a rainbow out of food

Have a blindfolded taste testing lunch

Make an edible necklace

Make mini pizzas

Make cookies for a friend

Have a candlelit family dinner

Make watermelon pops

Have a Bug themed lunch

And then I have a To-Go list as well.  (Park, library, etc but I just pasted the stay at home activities)  HTH!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options

DS is 3.5 and we do:

-Playdates at the library meeting room with a moms' group that I'm a part of.  Children of all ages can partcipate.

-Indoor Bounce House

-The  children's area in the library (we typically do this one during the school year)

-Backyard kiddie pool and sprinkler (just for a little bit if it's really hot)

-Children's museums

-Hide and Seek in the house

-Dancing to music in the house

-Coloring, mega blocks, small movable toy characters, Play Doh, Activity Mat, etc.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"