Health & Exercise

If you worked out before 6 weeks PPD...

...just curious what happened with your bleeding?  I worked out until I was put on bedrest at 33 weeks, (4 days a week bootcamp and running).  I had my DS#3 two weeks ago.  I am very anxious to start my routine again, but have noticed that even when I go out for long walks - I bleed more.  I didn't know if it was my body's way of saying - take it easy or if I should just not worry about it.  Some days I think I am almost finished bleeding, then I will have a lot of activity and it will start up again.  With my first two babies, I waited until the doctor cleared me at 6 weeks, but I remember that I would still spot even then if I ran a lot, etc...  I am going to the doctor at 4 weeks PPD to hopefully get cleared, but thought I would see what other people experienced if you started working out before the bleeding had stopped!  TIA!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: If you worked out before 6 weeks PPD...

• I had an increase in pp bleeding and I think I made pp bleeding last longer.  I had a great pregnancy and worked out until the end.  I did step aerobics the morning before I went to the hospital.  I had a normal vaginal birth with no tearing or cutting or stitches.  I thought I was recovering great and around 3 weeks pp, when my bleeding was starting to really lessen, I decided to try one of my easier work outs because I was itching to get back to working out.  It was an old Firm tape with the fanny lifter and way easier than the workouts I did even at the end of my pregnancy.  It felt great to finally be moving around and doing something again.  But, that night, the pp started up again and it was like starting all over from scratch with the intensity.  It was hard because it was the middle of winter and walks weren't always feasible, but I told myself to lay off.  I ended up bleeding until around 6 weeks and then started up again slowly.  Everyone is different, but they say to only walk until the bleeding stops.  It sucks when you're used to doing more intense workouts and you are feeling better.  But, it's best to listen to the experts.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I didn't work out, but we closed on our current home when DD was 2 weeks old and moved when she was 5 weeks old.  We hired movers, but I did do a lot of packing and probably more lifting and moving of stuff than I should have.  Like PP, at 2 weeks I thought that I was nearly done w/ the pp bleeding, but then it came back and I then bled for the full 6 weeks.  I had a vaginal delivery w/ slight tearing FWIW. 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • My understanding was that an increase in bleeding was a sign to back off.

I started very easy workouts at 2 weeks pp, but I had almost stopped bleeding by then.

• I bled for probably longer than I would have it I wad waited the full 6 weeks.  I can't remember for how long... but I was walking, jogging, doing aerobics at 2 weeks pp and by 4 weeks pp I was running full throttle again.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I was running a week PP. I was bleeding for 6 weeks PP but the running didn't imact it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I started back up running at 2 weeks PP. Didn't notice any increase in bleeding, although I started slow. However, since my bleeding has totally stopped, I've noticed that a particularly long or hard run can bring about some (VERY light) spotting the next day. That happened sometimes before I was even pregnant, though, so I'm not worried about it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"