Single Parents
Options

Just my luck

Last night the fire alarms in my apartment building decided to go off at 3:30 a.m for absolutely no reason. As we were evacuating, I missed 2 steps and fell down the stairs, all of my weight landing on my left ankle. I was carrying DS but my motherly instinct kicked in and he didn't even realize we'd fallen.

I had to call my mom to come pick me up and take me to the e.r. but with the alarms going off, the police, fire trucks, and an ambulance came, so when she got there she had them take a look at me.

First trip in an ambulance! Haha!

Turns out I ended up with the worst sprain the doctor has ever seen and that she's surprised I didn't fracture it. (Thanks to all those glasses of milk I drink a day!)

So this is when it sucks to be a single parent. I live on the second floor and will be stuck on crutches for a while. How am I supposed to get DS and myself up and down those stairs? Ugh. Looks like I'm going to have to rely on people quite a bit more these days which I HATE since I'm such an independent person.

I'm definitely not looking forward to this!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: Just my luck

• Options
    Oh no!  What a crappy situation, but relying on others is OK..especially when you physically need some help!   How about one of those baby backpack carriers?  Ok...might be a bit hard to balance, but...:)   Good luck!
  • Options
    Oh my - I'm glad you (and DS) aren't hurt worse than that!!  But still, that does stink.  Do you have any friends or family that live close by that would be able to help out for the next few weeks?  Even if it's only carrying up groceries or taking out the trash - I'm sure no one would find it a burden AT ALL to help with stuff like that.
    imageimage. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    So sorry to hear about your injury and the problems it's going to cause with caring for DS.  Wishing you a speedy recovery.
  • Options
    Oh no!  That sounds horrible :(  Is there anyway you could stay with your mom for a little bit or have her stop by to help with things?  Hang in there and I hope you feel better soon!
  • Options

I was at my parents house all day yesterday so they could help with DS. Then today my dad came over and took out my trash and helped me clean up.

I absolutely hate the crutches! They hurt my armpits and are so inconvenient! DS helps out also. He's only 2 but he knows I'm hurt and will bring me my cast, icepack, or anything else that I need. But then he also knows that if he gets into something he isn't supposed to then it will take me a while to get to him. But thanks ladies! I'm supposed to go back to my part-time job tomorrow night so that may be difficult. Since I work at the elementary school full-time I've been off for the summer and have exactly 2 weeks until that starts back up. Hopefully I will recover by then!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

I'm glad that you and your DS are okay, and wishing you a quick recovery.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"