Attachment Parenting
Options

SSC for back carry?

I've always worn DD, and have used a Babyhawk MT since she was 5 weeks old. She still loves it for front carries, but she's getting HEAVY and I think we need to move to a back carry. I've tried a couple of different ties with the MT, and DD hates them both - she flips out, screams and tries to get out. I'm hoping you ladies will have a recommendation for a SSC that would be better suited to back carries - I'm not sure I'm ready to make the leap to wovens, and I think I'd prefer to stay with a little more structure for right now. TIA!

ETA: I have an AngelPack XL, and don't love the way it fits me. I'm open to anything else though! 

**POOF**
No more baby siggie pics. Boo.
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: SSC for back carry?

• Options
    I really love my Becco Butterfly II for back carriers.  It has an inner harness so you can strap LO in and don't have to worry about if she'll fall out when you put her on your back.  I am not sure how well this would work with your older LO though.  I believe it goes up to 40 lbs though.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We have an Ergo & a Kinderpack & love them both!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagehheyderh:
    I really love my Becco Butterfly II for back carriers.  It has an inner harness so you can strap LO in and don't have to worry about if she'll fall out when you put her on your back.  I am not sure how well this would work with your older LO though.  I believe it goes up to 40 lbs though.

I love my Beco Gemini, also for back carried, but I agree that the inner harness, which the Butterfly has and the Gemini lacks might make back carries easier. I just pop DD on the couch now and ask her to step in. We usually succeed without any help or having to scoot it around my waist with her inside as I did when she was younger. 

Single mom of DD (2010), TTC #2 since June 2013.
    Occasionally I'm blogging about my life with flybaby.
  • Options
    EmmieBEmmieB member

We have the beco butterfly 2 and I LOVE IT. Baz is about 25lbs now and we hike with him in it.

I LOVE the inner fabric - it keeps him in while I shuffle him to my back and if we're switching parents, we can just unbuckle and transfer without getting him out (because when you're on a hike once they're out it's like cancelling christmas getting them back in.)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We love our Boba.  The body is sized for bigger babies and toddlers.  I find it to be very comfortable, more so than a lot of carriers I have tried.
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    For back carries - Calyx hands down.  Love it!  And I also have a BH and Angelpack.  It makes it so easy.
    image Ethan 12.31.07 Lillian 4.1.11
  • Options
    We like our Kinderpack- I might even have to admit I like it better for back carries than I like a wrap. Don't tell anyone I said that.
  • Options
    Thanks all! I'll check everything out for sure - something's got to work, since DD hates the stroller with a passion and front carries are starting to kill me. I appreciate everyone's feedback!
    **POOF**
    No more baby siggie pics. Boo.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"