Parenting after a Loss
Options

Baby pics...

How often do you get professional baby pics? BIL (amateur photographer)  took some newborn pics for us...but he lives out of state and won't be able to take pics too often.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Baby pics...

• Options
    Aubs13Aubs13 member
    We're going to get some pictures done around the holidays (and use them for cards) and again at one year.  Other than that, we'll just rely on our own cameras.
  • Options

imageAubs13:
    We're going to get some pictures done around the holidays (and use them for cards) and again at one year.  Other than that, we'll just rely on our own cameras.

This is what I was thinking. Pay someone to do the pics for our holiday cards (probably the same people we found on CL for our maternity shots) and then hopefully my BIL will be out here at Christmas to take more pics. At one year we are planning a family vacation to Florida with my family so we are going to try to hire someone there to do beach pics of everyone.  

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    vflipovflipo member
    You've seen my FB Stick out tongue But DH and I are photogs so we have all the equipment to do it ourselves already. We're spoiled.
    I married a ginger.
    m/c 12/25/09 (5w5d) mm/c D&C 4/9/10 (11w1d) Take home baby 2/22/11
    My boobies belong to cour10e
  • Options

imagevflipo:
    You've seen my FB Stick out tongue But DH and I are photogs so we have all the equipment to do it ourselves already. We're spoiled.

Yes! I love all your pics:) We have a nice camera we bought before DS was born, but we aren't very good with it and we need a different lens. We try though... 

• Options
    We bought a "Watch me grow" package from my photographer so we had pictures at 3, 6, 9, and 12 months. 
    From miscarriages, a diagnosis of a bicornuate uterus, and fibroid removal surgery...It's been quite the journey but it was all well worth it. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I'm a cheap bastard, so we probably won't get professional pics. Rather, I'll troll photo websites looking for cute ideas of props/poses and try to replicate it with my point and shoot camera.

Growing up, our family did the requisite olan mills family photo each year. Looking through our family pics, my fav pics are the unposed, natural ones, as opposed to the posed family pics. So, I just don't think DD will feel neglected if we don't get posed shots of her.

BFP #1 via IUI ~ L (Fatal Birth Defect) 4/7/10
    BFP #2 via IUI ~ m/c
    BFP #3 via cancelled IUI ~ C (2lb 3oz; HELLP) 5/16/11
    BFP #4 via the natural (free!) way ~ E (8lb 11oz) 9/13/12

• Options
    imagedamabo80:

I'm a cheap bastard, so we probably won't get professional pics. Rather, I'll troll photo websites looking for cute ideas of props/poses and try to replicate it with my point and shoot camera.

Growing up, our family did the requisite olan mills family photo each year. Looking through our family pics, my fav pics are the unposed, natural ones, as opposed to the posed family pics. So, I just don't think DD will feel neglected if we don't get posed shots of her.

That's why I like BIL's photos...very natural, not posed, But his 4,000 dollar camera can make any shot look good. i just wish he lived closer...

• Options
    I work in the industry so im really spoiled...We did two NB sessions ('tog asked us to come back and do a second session), 3m, still trying to fit in a 6m (Collin will be 8m aye!), well probably skip 9 since were doing the 6m session so late and my 'tog is due in June. Well do a 1 year/smash cake/holiday session too. We also just did family photos with another 'tog I know today. If I didn't have photographers I work with often at my disposal we probably would have done NB, 6m, 1yr.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Missing our sweet Angeline. BFP #1: 7.12.09 / EDD: 3.15.10 / Missed Miscarriage: 8.14.10
    BFP #2: 3.16.10 / EDD: 11.28.12 / Collin Rex born 12.1.10
    TTC#2: May 2012
    BFP #3: 7.5.12 / CP 7.12.12
    BFP #4: 1.28.12 / EDD: 10.11.13
    betas: 10dpo: 91 / 14dpo: 493 / first u/s: 3.4.13
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    imagedamabo80:

This, except I have a DSLR (an old, cheap one). Once you get a hang of natural lighting and positioning and camera settings it's pretty easy to get passable images (not professional, but cute nonetheless), even with a point and shoot, set on manual.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    DD #1 born 9/07 ** DD #2 born 7/11 ** Operation Take Back My Body has begun 10/11
    Upcoming Races
    Gobble Wobble 5K 11/24/11 - Abington, PA 29:40
    Superbowl 10K 02/05/12 - Allentown, PA 54:28 PR!!!!
    Broad Street 10 Mile Run 05/06/12 - Philadelphia, PA 1:30:44
    Rock and Roll Half Marathon 09/16/12 - Philadelphia, PA
    Philadelphia (Half?!?) Marathon 11/18/12 - Philadelphia, PA
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"