May 2011 Moms
Options

what do you eat when you're with LO?

I'm a new sahm and I have a hard time taking care of myself. Often I don't eat much until dh gets home, which I know is bad but my son just seems really needy lately. Anyway, dh is leaving for two weeks so I need to figure this out. What do you eat when you're alone with lo?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: what do you eat when you're with LO?

• Options
    elisbuelisbu member

I posted on FB, but really, a lot of lean pockets, cereal, yogurt, and triscuts with slices of zuchinni and cheese.

You could try making a meal after LO goes to bed, and then that could be dinner for the next night?

• Options
    I make muffins or cookies when I have the chance, granola bars, fruit and a whole lot of almonds, cereal, sandwiches or left overs from dinner the night before. Really anything I can prepare with one hand or DS in a sling or wrap
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Honestly, my LO is content in her swing a lot of the time, so i will eat when she is in there, or if all else fails i stick her in the moby wrap and eat then. 

If I am alone I do a lot of PP&J, it's quick, easy and my 2 year old eats it. DH is OOT this weekend and DS and I will be eating pizza. I am super mom.   

Diabetic, 2IF, PCOS; blessed beyond words to be called "mommy" to Drew (6/30/09) and Alynn (5/16/11).
    Parenting author for Women of Worth. Mom Blogger and photographer.

Andrew David: mixed receptive/expressive language phonological disorder, sensory processing disorder, Disruptive Behavior disorder-nos and insomnia.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    frozen pizza, grilled chicken quesadilla or sandwhich, cereal, smoothie, muffins, frozen chicken pot pie, ice cream
  • Options
    When I was still home, I went through a lot of granola bars and string cheese. One friend would make several pb&j sandwiches at a time and keep them in the fridge.
  • Options

A couple weeks ago a girlfriend and I made a bunch of freezer meals in small (2 serving) aluminum disposables.  We made chicken enchiladas, veggie lasagna and shepherds pie. We also made wontons, but I still have to prepare the broth and chop veggies each time, so it's a little more work.

You could try doing something like that. If you are alone, that's good for two meals, and you could have one defrosting in your fridge each day.

I also eat red river cereal, and lately I've been snacking on Token's amazing granola bars. So yummy! 

• Options
    Considering how little new moms are able to eat I'm surprised we don't lose our baby weight faster! The first few weeks with LO DH and I starved. We lived on granola bars and bottled water. Now I pop her in the bouncy seat on the kitchen counter and play music on my iPad and she watches me cook and sing to her and right now for example she has passed herself out. Or maybe try putting LO in a carrier while you cook.
    imageimage
  • Options
    I wash and cut up a bunch of veggies (peppers, broccoli, celery, cucumbers) and make a veggie dip and store them in the fridge for easy access.  I also cut up cantalaope, and watermelon to store in the fridge.  I also boil up some chiclen breasts, dice the meat and make taco flavored chicken to throw in a wrap or chicken salad to do the same with lowfat mayo, celery, onions, water chestnuts and grapes. I've always done this though, because if it's easy to eat i'll grab the healthy stuff instead of tortiilla chips or something.  Our LO naps well and doesn' mind being put down to play by himself when awake so it's not hard to find time to throw something like that together, but even if you're one-handed I think those things would work pretty well for you.  
  • Options
    Yogurt, bananas, turkey sandwhich, a lean pocket or two.  Lots of fruit, anything I don't have to take more than two minutes to fix.  He will hang out on his own for a while, but I'd rather spend that time doing other things than taking 20 minutes to make a meal for myself.  I leave that till DH gets home.

His three plus my one; we are all excited to welcome a little one!

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    The first thing DH asks me when he gets home is "did you eat today?" The answer is usally no. I just get busy and forget. DS will hang out in his swing, but I get busy cleaning or whatever and forget to grab something right away, and by the time I think of it, he is telling me in his not so subtle way that he is done swinging. I need to work on this or my metabolism is going to suck!

DS1 Born Apr 29 2011

DS2 Born Nov 5 2013

Pregnant with #3 Dec 24 2014, MMC found at 10w, D&C Feb 10th 2015

Cautious BFP May 25th 2015 EDD Feb 6 2016

• Options

I actually formally make lunch alot - because DH comes home from work several days a week for lunch. 

However, when that isn't going on, I always make sure I eat because I get cranky and stressed if I don't, so if I see an opening, I make sure I eat.  Sleep and food are so important.  Anywho, I eat Chobani yogurts, turkey sandwiches, I keep tuna in the fridge and have it with crackers, cereal and lean pockets.  Or leftovers.  Cans of soup from time to time.  All that stuff is pretty fast and easy, and gives me some much needed protein...

• Options
    I stock my freezer up with lean cuisines before my FI goes back out to work. (He's gone for 4-7 days at a time). Otherwise its impossible to eat unless I'm at work. I shove my face like crazy there.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"