Success after IF
Options

Anyone else's DH work night shifts?

I'm so lonely this weekend.  DH works 3 consecutive twelve hour shifts (7 p-7 a).  So he left for work right after I came home from work on Friday night and he has been either working or sleeping ever since.  He sleeps during the day and wakes up around 3 pm but he is soon out the door for work yet again.  It's nice having so much one on one time with Henry but it can be tough...especially when he doesn't nap!  And DH gets sad because he doesn't see Henry for very long.  :(

Diagnosed PCOS & MFI-Success with IUI
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Anyone else's DH work night shifts?

• Options
    Me!!!  It's awful!!!  I feel like it's just me and the boys 24/7. DH sleeps during the day and then goes to work shortly after waking up.  It's nice having my time with the boys, but with two of them I always feel out numbered...especially when it's meltdown central!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    My DH works tonight and tomorrow night.  Hopefully, he won't be very busy so he will get to rest. He does anesthesia, so no cases = sleep.  
    Momma to 2 sweet girls here on earth and a precious baby boy in heaven
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Me!  DH works Fri-Mon 10 hr shifts.  Right now he's only working 1/2 time, which sucks b/c it's only 1/2 the money but I'm not sure I could handle every weekend right now.  It going to be really tough having 2 kids, especially a newborn.

If it wasn't so hot I'd go to the zoo, we even have a built in pool and it's too hot to swim.  I had to go to my parents today so I could get out of the house but was too tired to actually "do" something.

TTC #2 with PCOS since September 2009
    BFP, Femara 7.5mg, Ovidrel, IUI. Beta #1 17dpIUI -495 Beta #2 19dpIUI-1031
    Lovebugs2012
    My Blog
  • Options
    Me! DH works 3 12 hour shifts/week 7pm-7am plus some moonlighting shifts in the er. I hate it. Fortunately he's applying for a job at a local Ortho hospital 1st shift and NO holidays or weekends.
  • Options
    I'm sorry :-(  I'm the one who works the 12 hour night shifts in this house and it does suck.  DH says "you might only work 2 days a week, but you are out of commission for 4 days".  So true!  It was worse when I worked 3 nights a week so I am grateful for the shift to PT, but there is just nothing good about working nights (except the higher pay).
  • Options

imageGermanwife2b:

but there is just nothing good about working nights (except the higher pay).

Yeah, when I was on nights shift diff was pretty decent, DH's sucks I think it's .50cents/hour because most people doing his job are on nights, there aren't near as many dayshift positions.  If he stays in this same job it will probably be (at least) 10 years before he could get dayshift.

TTC #2 with PCOS since September 2009
    BFP, Femara 7.5mg, Ovidrel, IUI. Beta #1 17dpIUI -495 Beta #2 19dpIUI-1031
    Lovebugs2012
    My Blog
  • Options
    My DH is no longer assigned to a night shift but, DH works a lot of extra jobs through his job and she is often gone overnight, like tonight. I feel your pain, I have been there, often still am. (((hugs)))
    For DD - IVF/ICSI #1 - BFP / For DS - dIUI #1 - BFP Dx:severe MFI-Y Chromosome Microdeletion Isabel born 10-15-08! / Baby Boy EDD July 2013 imageLily  pie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    laura1laura1 member

imageGermanwife2b:
    I'm sorry :-(  I'm the one who works the 12 hour night shifts in this house and it does suck.  

This is me, too.  I work 2 14 hour night shifts a week.  I personally love the night shift, and I don't feel like I miss too much of my kids days - but I never work back to back nights.  

The worst for my DH is when i work Friday night and Sunday day (I also do one day shift a month), but that rarely happens.  And DH doesn't get to see the kiddos much during the week, so he gets good daddy time in!  Although we did just move to the same town as my parents, so he has been enlisting their help when this happens Smile

TTC#1 = Success on Cycle#19 with Clomid/trigger/b2b IUIs; beta#1 (15dpiui) 200, #2 (18dpiui) 433, #3 (22dpiui) 2356; TTC#2 = Surprise BFP 9/2009; TTC#3 = m/c at 6 wks, 10/29/11; BFP#2 4/1/2012... Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I HATE when DH works 12 hour overnights :( He is gone so much and then sleeps so much and basically just gets up, showers and leaves. It is so lonely. I can't imagine if he did it conflicting with my work schedule (I don't work so clearly it's not a problem). I'm sorry!  BIG HUGS!!!

Whenever DH works a lot of night shifts in a row, esp 12 hour ones, I pack up and go hang out at my moms or sisters or someones.  The days feel soooo long when he is sleeping but untouchable and we have to be quiet.

Married on 3.20.2004. It took 30 month, 2 failed adoptions and IVF for our first miracle. We have had 9 foster kids since he was born and started the domestic adoption process when he was 10 month old, we had 4 failed matches in that time. After our daughter was born we brought her home and spent 2 weeks fearing we might lose her because of complications that came up. But Praise God all went through and she is ours forever! Expecting again after IVF Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"