2nd Trimester
Options

What happens....

At these monthly appointments now? Since we have gotten through the u/s, hearing the hb, nt scan and all the other great stuff:) I called my Doc's office and they just told me its a monthly pregnancy appt. DUh!!! Lol but what happens? Droppler, Q&A? Thanks Ladies:)
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: What happens....

• Options

I go in.
    Pee in a cup.
    Weighed
    Blood Pressure

Doctor comes in.
    She uses the Doppler to check for heartbeat.
    She answers any question I have.

I leave.

Obviously the NT scan appointment and A/S were different in that they included an ultrasound, but nothing else.

The 28-ish week appointment you'll have to do the diabetes test.  (It's a drink and blood draw.)

After that you'll possibly be scheduled for occasional stress tests.  (You just lay there and press a button.)

• Options
    As far as i know, i think they just measure your stomach, check the hb, etc....just a routine "making sure you and the baby are ok" type thing!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Yep, what the above poster said...go in pee in a cup, blood pressure check...Dr checks heartbeat and asks if I have any questions.  Sometimes they draw blood.

But thats its...these are the "boring" visits as my Dr calls them.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker image
  • Options
    imagegajumper:

Yep, what the above poster said...go in pee in a cup, blood pressure check...Dr checks heartbeat and asks if I have any questions.  Sometimes they draw blood.

My doctor always says "boring" is a good thing in pregnancy.  You always want to be the boring patient.  Ha!

• Options
    Lol Thanks Ladies!!! So this is what Ill be going through for the next couple months...Plus the a/s that hopefully will be schedule at my next appt August 5th:)
  • Options

Like PP said, they want to make sure you are gaining weight, not to much and not to little.

They want to make sure you aren't getting High BP

Check for protein in your urine (this and HIgh BP can mean Pre-E)

Check your uterus (measurement) to make sure it and the baby is growing.

Check the baby's HB with the doppler

Also at different stages they will ask you if you want to get screened for different things. I think in a couple of weeks I go for the blood test to test for spina bifita (sp?) and something else which can only be tested in a very narrow part of pg.

I forget what week they will send you for your Gulose test to make sure you don't have a problem with your sugar - they call that the 1 hour GT test, and if you fail that its the 3 hour GT test. (its usually done at your lab and you drink this orange drink and then you wait the hour and get your blood drawn)

Then when you get to a certain week (different at all doc, mine is 26 wks) they start seeing you either every 2 or 3 weeks, then every 1 weeks at the end.

They do the same thing but becuase most problems usually occur at the end (ex pre-e - which I had with dd) they want to get you medical attention faster.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageRebecca2024:
    imagegajumper:

My doctor always says "boring" is a good thing in pregnancy.  You always want to be the boring patient.  Ha!

Ha! I love the way you put that:)

• Options
    imageRebecca2024:

I go in.
    Pee in a cup.
    Weighed
    Blood Pressure

Doctor comes in.
    She uses the Doppler to check for heartbeat.
    She answers any question I have.

I leave.

this is what I do! 

Love is a gift, not to be denied. IAmPregnant Ticker image Visit The Nest!
  • Options

Yes...he says boring means good!!!  LOL.

My glucose test is at my next appt..Ill be 27 weeks 4 days and thats also when I will start going every three weeks.

I have no idea if we get another ultrasound after the AS or not...I would think so, but I am not sure when.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker image
  • Options
    Great!! Thanks Ladies:)
  • Options
    This reply has been edited by a moderator
    to remove the redirecting hyperlink spam

PLEASE STOP SPAMMING THE BOARDS
  • Options
    I go in, provide a urine sample, get weighed, doc comes in and listens to the heartbeat with the doppler and measures my belly, answers any questions I have, and then I leave.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie - (uREA)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"