TTC After a Loss
Options

OPK do they really work??

Hi Ladies i've been using OPK for the past 10 days and was curious about whether they really work.....according to ovulation charts im supposed to ovulate tomorow or on the 2nd but the OPK had a medium pink test line instead of being just as dark as the control line.  Im hoping tomorow it'll be as dark but was curious about them...this is the first time using them! Also i'm using the m/c dates as what would have been my period is that what you girls did?

Re: OPK do they really work??

• Options

If you are using the internet cheapies like Wondfo, then now is the time to test morning, noon and night.  It sounds like you're very close to getting a positive test. 

If you're using more expensive one's and don't have enough to test multiple times per day, then don't panic.  I say just keep testing when you can and start BD-ing for the next few days.  If you're pretty sure you generally O around this time, then trust that and go with it.

Me: 39 DH: 35 - TTC #1 since October 2010
    BFP #1 2-1-11 Missed Miscarriage 3-14-11(9 wks)-D&C
    BFP #2 9-17-11 EDD 5-29-12
    Edward James born 3-14-12 weighing 1lb11oz at 29w1d via c section due to low fluid and growth restriction from crappy placenta.
    My BFP Chart
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers <a href="http://s1088.photobucket.com/albums/i339/sbphotos1/?action=view
  • Options
    imagesbphotos:

If you are using the internet cheapies like Wondfo, then now is the time to test morning, noon and night.  It sounds like you're very close to getting a positive test. 

If you're using more expensive one's and don't have enough to test multiple times per day, then don't panic.  I say just keep testing when you can and start BD-ing for the next few days.  If you're pretty sure you generally O around this time, then trust that and go with it.

Exactly this.  You can always buy a box of the CBE digitals to confirm with, which is what I do.  Also, don't trust any internet charts.  They usually always assume you O around CD14, which is not true for a lot of women.  GL!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    Married 9/22/07, began TTC 8/10
    Diagnosed with DOR, LP defect, mild endometriosis and cysts
    BFP #1 EDD 9/10/11, natural miscarriage at 6w
    BFP #2 Medicated cycle, twin boys born 4/4/12 at 29w4d
    BFP #3 EDD 8/8/14, D&C for missed miscarriage at 8w, baby boy with triploidy
    BFP #4 June 2014 CP
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    OPKs have never worked for me.  I tried them several times before I got pregnant with my son and never got a single positive test even though my chart showed that I was ovulating.  Once we went to an RE they confirmed that I was ovulating with ultrasound and bloodwork and she told me that they just don't work for some people.  I've tried them again since my son was born and still haven't had a positive even though we did get pregnant on our own earlier this year, so I am obviously ovulating.
    It took 3 1/2 long years, but we finally got our little miracle!
    IVF #1 - BFP (6dt)
    Unassisted Pregnancy #2 - lost at 15w6d due to T21, severe heart defects, and fetal hydrops

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I use the CBE digitals.  There's no guessing.  It either smiles or it doesn't!  My first cycle off BCP I got a smile on CD19.  We BD twice (I don't even remember what days) and I got pregnant.  This cycle I got a smile on CD15 and I had O pain that day.  We BD pretty much the whole month and I didn't get pregnant!  I like using them because I feel like it gives me an idea of what's going on with my body since I don't chart.  I know it only tells you that your body gears up to O but I'll still keep using them.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I personally have found them to work.  We started TTC in April and started OPKs right away.  I didn't get a + one before I got my first post-birth control AF.  Then in mid June, got two + OPKs, BD'ed as they started getting darker, the days of the positives, and a few days thereafter, and got pg that month.  So IMO, I think they work.  Although I am hating on them right now because my second is so light you need x-ray vision to see it, which makes me think I'm not remotely close to O'ing which makes me anxious and irritated.  It's like a daily reminder that I suck. :(  But do they work, I think so, yes.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers 

BFP #1 6/28/11 ~ EDD 3/7/12 ~ m/c 7/15/11 at 6w2d
    BFP #2 8/29/11 ~ EDD 5/12/12. 4/25/12: Our take home baby is here!
     BFP #3 8/27/13 ~ EDD 5/11/14.  4/27/14:  Our second take home baby is here!

• Options

I've used the wondof OPK's off of Amazon for a while now and I've gotten a positive every month. If you're relying on internet O calculators or apps, don't. They will all tell you that you will O on cd14. That may or may not be true for you. A lot of women O earlier than that, and a lot O later than that. I don?t O until cd20. My advice is to keep using the OPK?s. You may get a positive in a day or two, or you may not get one until a few days from now.

I counted the first day of bleeding from my MC as cd1. If this is your first cycle right after your MC, things can be a little wonky for a while. You may O later than your "normal" this month just because of that.

photo e9455f4d-9751-469e-a19f-460104cd2e5c.jpg photo jan15.jpg
    BFP #1 5/20/10 Natural MC at 5w4d 5/28/10
    BFP #2 11/3/10; BO at u/s 10w6d 12/16/10; Natural MC 1/7/11; D&C 4/21/11
    BFP #3 10/27/11 Please stick, LO!! 2/6/12 It's a Girl! Alexis Grace born 6/29/12
    BFP#4 4/27/14 Stick, stick, stick!! 8/11/14 It's a Boy! Evan Wesley born 1/8/15
    "Patience is waiting. Not passively waiting. That is laziness. But to keep going when the going is hard and slow, that is patience."  Let it Be (blog)My BFP Charts
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    This time I'm not leaving without you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"