Preemies
Options

XP: Anyone go off IV Mag and NOT go into labor?

Hi Ladies,

Peeking in from multiples board with question...

They are officially turning off the IV Mag on Friday (when I am 34 weeks- yes, ticker is off by 2 days). My OB wants me to have a 2nd round of steroid shots Wed/Thurs (got 1st round ~ 31 weeks) and then they will watch me for 24 hrs to see what happens.

I can't help but thinking that I may get to meet these little guys this weekend (as they have tried going down on the Mag from 3 mg/hr to 2.5 mg/hr 3 different times, and with each attempt contractions pick right up again). I was 2 cm dilated & 50% effaced when I was admitted 2 weeks ago, but they haven't checked me since for fear of "stirring the pot". Also, FWIW they did a growth u/s Fri and they were measuring ~ 5 lbs 1 oz and 4 lbs 14 oz, so babies are doing great, but I just think their "apartment" aka my irritable ute is trying to kick them out Tongue Tied

Just curious if any of you out there came off Mag and did not go into labor???

Thanks!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: XP: Anyone go off IV Mag and NOT go into labor?

• Options
    I was put on Mag twice for pPROM. Once at 23w1d and the 2nd at around 28 weeks and didn't go into labor for either. GL!
    Jackson W. Holler born 12/9/10 at 7:52 a.m. He is my little miracle baby!! pPROM'ed at 23w1d and delivered at 34w Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    I went on mag at 26 weeks for 24 hours to stop contractions. It worked! One week later I started having contractions again and delivered my three girls at 27 weeks 2 days.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was put on Mag for 24 hours at 26 weeks to stop contractions and it worked. I was put on Mag again at 30 weeks for 24 hours to stop contractions and it worked. I delivered my Lo a week later at 31 weeks. Good Luck!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    They had trouble getting my contractions to stop so I ended up on the highest dose of the Mag.  But once it was time for me to come off I didn't go into labor on my own.  They needed me to go into labor somewhat quickly since DS didn't have enough fluid left so I had to be induced.  He was born the next day.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"