Health & Exercise
Options

early pregnancy and 5mile race

Hi! Here's the short story. I will be 6 weeks pregnant next week when I'm scheduled to run a 5 mile leg of a team triathlon. I ran a marathon mid June and have kept up my running since then, but only about 25-30 miles a week. No speed though. 

Next week when I run that race, how fast can I go? I don't want to overdo it, but I want to keep a decent pace so my team doesn't ask why I'm so slow. Any advice?  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: early pregnancy and 5mile race

• Options
    Just run at a pace that is comfortable for you. Some days I can run a bit faster, while others I feel like I'm as slow as a turtle. Have fun and good luck!
  • Options
    I agree with the above poster...make you sure you can still talk and your breathing well, but you are fine! I was signed up for a 25k at 9 weeks pregnant and the doctor said it was fine!
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageErinKD:
    Just run at a pace that is comfortable for you. Some days I can run a bit faster, while others I feel like I'm as slow as a turtle. Have fun and good luck!

Totally true.  I ran a half at about 4 weeks pregnant and found I just wasn't as fast as a couple weeks earlier, even when I was pushing it.  I kept running after 5 miles during the week 7-9 on the weekends and some days I was running at the exact speed as before, other days I was slower.

June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    At 8 wks preg I ran a 1/2 marathon PR(for me it was fast but for better runners it would have been slow) b/c I didn't want to tell my sister that I was pregnant.  I ran the race with her.  I continued to run until ~30 wks and then switched to other cardio until delivery at 40 wks.  I wouldn't stress about it too much.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"